Chocolate is my downfall

Options
I think I could lose weight if chocolate bars were banned. How can I stop myself? I'm my own worst enemy.

Replies

• Kamile69
    Options
    I personally don't ban anything, just in moderation. A piece of chocolate can go far to satisfying a craving.
  • 813Angela
    Options
    First off, you don't look ugly, fat, or old! Second, I have the same problem, still struggling with it, but I find distraction works really well! Find a friend and team up against chocolate, or just go for a walk by yourself if no one is available. And don't give up! God bless
  • J_Miller2007
    J_Miller2007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't buy them! It helps me to go to the store when I'm full so it's easier to pass up the candy and chocolate. I never go down the aisle that has the candy, and at the checkout I try to pick one that is moving quickly so I don't have the time to stare at the candy on the shelf. And I do let myself have chocolate on occasion, I don't think I could live without it! And look for healthy alternatives to the full chocolate bars, like certain special K items, granola bars and such. Good luck!

Jessica
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Try dark chocolate! I love chocolate and whenever I want to have some I eat a piece of dark chocolate and it's enough for the day. :)
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares or lindt chocolate truffles. Individually wrapped. I keep them in the freezer and have one of I want one. I will not give up chocolate!!
  • ronkelley2
    ronkelley2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i do not walk down the candy or beer and wine asles... because they are not my friends.. they hate me!!!!! have a good day!!!!!!!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Get chocolate whey/egg/brown rice/pea protein and use recipes like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQPkCrg1bfU

You can skip the second ingredient, it's a greens powder.
  • absurdic
    absurdic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh, I too am a sucker for chocolate, yet I found a way to curb my chocolate-cravings! I bought a dark chocolate bar and split it up into 10 equal squares and wrapped each piece up in plastic wrapping! Now I take 1 square every Saturday and treat myself with it.

Just a little tip. Good luck :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Get some dark chocolate, like Green & Black's 80% or something, and limit yourself to 1 or 2 squares. Or just buy bite size choc bars.

I find it easier not to have chocolate at all. If I have some I want more, but if I don't have any I am ok!
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Individually wrapped chocolate is a great idea..
  • joanmarienana
    joanmarienana Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I enjoy chocolate just about every day, but the key is portion size. I love the Lindt really dark chocolate bars, or the Green & Black organics. The lindt I cut into single squares, usually just one is enough I savor it very slowly, sometimes with a nice hot drink , so it's a little melty. the green & Blacks, I cut up into strips of 3 squares. I usually have it at the end of my eating for the day.
    I also just discovered adding unsweetened cocoa powder to Greek yogurt with a dash of vanilla extract and whip it up like chocolate mousse, and if I have the calories, some nuts, or shave a bit of dark chocolate on top. Lots of protein & satisfying as an afternoon snack since I eat dinner rather late.
    I look forward to having my chocolate every day & dark chocolate is packed with antioxidants, so I plan on enjoying it every day, and since I know I'm having it every day, a taste is enough for me.
  • suzie308
    Options
    If you're like me and like milk chocolate, I've discovered skinny cow. Yum.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think I could lose weight if chocolate bars were banned. How can I stop myself? I'm my own worst enemy.

The thing is, there is chocolate everywhere, you need to learn to say no, and just have it as a treat.
  • ALPARMER
    ALPARMER Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to chocolate, so what has satisfied me while trying to eat healthy is Speical K Pastry Crisp chocolate delight which is 100 calories for 2 crisps and Healthy Choice frozen yogurt chocolate swirl , also 100 calories . Gets me through my cravings.
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    I can't give up chocolate! But moderation is key. Individually wrapped (and kept out of sight) pieces are excellent. Dark chocolate has beneficial elements, and studies (sorry, not sure of the references off the top of my head) have shown that a small piece of chocolate post-workout boost muscle recovery (chocolate milk does as well).
  • dimebar69
    Options
    im terrible for chocolate, cant just have a square of chocolate i would have the whole bar. i could easily have 2 bars a day while at work. ive now told myself that during the week im having no choc crisps or alcohol. ive managed to stick to it this week and not only did i lose 3.4lb this week but i really enjoyed the choc and wine i had on sat night :-) good luck hun xxx
  • Blinkhorn
    Options
    Everything is okay in moderation, if I want something unhealthy I always eat something healthy beforehand so I'm not as hungry when it comes to eating something bad so I eat less of the bad :)
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself to have a little piece of chocolate every day. I'm like this about sweets, so I started buying fiber one brownies, they're 90 calories and suuuper yummy. So find something you can indulge in every day without feeling guilty about it.
  • essentials2x7wl
    essentials2x7wl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I love chocolate, biscuits, cakes, anything with sugar. Think i'm addicted.

My new years resolution is to cut down on refined sugar, and hopefully cut it out completely one day.

I would advise like others to buy dark chocolate min. 70% cocoa solid. You honestly don't need to eat as much as you would milk chocolate it is very satisfying.

At the moment I havent had any of the above since Jan 2nd and the cravings get much much easier after a week!!

If i do get a craving which won't go away I have a cup of Cadbury Highlights hot chocolate. Its only 40 calories and hits the spot :)