Wii games for high calorie burns

Hey all,

I got a WII last year for Christmas and other than the odd Mario Kart game, it doesn't get much use. I thought I could use that for mini-forms of workouts with something like "Just Dance". But I was curious to what other games I could get which would be high energy or just to get me moving?

Replies

• justinelalalaa
    justinelalalaa Posts: 16 Member
    hi i have a wii too, and use just dance 4, zumba, and the latest zumba core :) they are all really fun so doesnt feel too much like working out as its not boring etc.. I'd say zumba core was the best for feeling like you've defo had a good work out :) i mix it up with some exercise dvds too x
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    I really like the Wii Fit. Works everything, my favorites are the hula hooping (great hip and and workout) and the boxing. They have strength training and yoga poses too :-)
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Thanks guys! I will look into them all!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I use the Wii Fit - you just have to choose the games that make you sweat, but there are quite a few options. The yoga and strength exercises can be made into routines so you can transition faster between exercises.

I also really like Zumba.

Even with resort sports, we just broke a sweat with paddling and bicycling, even though we were sitting down. My partner has also worked up a sweat weaving and bobbing on the Sports boxing.

I have the Biggest Loser, but find it frustrating, as it doesn't capture certain movements well, so you don't earn credit, which affects the outcome of the weigh in.

Basically, I troll all the stores in the area looking for active games. I have a few that I am saving for when I start getting board.
  • We have Just Dance 2 - AMAZING calorie burn the longer you work at it (my girlfriends and I busted our butts the other night for two hours - my jaw dropped seeing the calorie burn!)

I am dying to get my hands on the other games as well as Zumba, but it's not in the funds right now. However I do also use the Wii Fit in the mornings for yoga, and really need to get back to the strength training. I am not a fan of many of their aerobic exercises except for the run (and that would be the short one...nowhere near skilled enough for the long one but I'm working on it!). So I get my aerobic exercise/cardio from Just Dance or from doing cardio around the house.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    X-box 350 with Kinnect needs to be able to track games on MFP!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    ea sports active 2..it will kick your @$$ !!! there you can choose intensity, and it gives you programs, for X amount of weeks and all..good luck:drinker:
  • sheilapie
    sheilapie Posts: 40 Member
    hi amanda, i bought walk it out... its kind of childish, ages ten and up, but i tell you, i walk a mile and a half in no time, on the board, and its so cool because i have really bad knees and hips, but this doesnt stress them out. plus its got upbeat songs on it, like boom boom pow, and walking on sunshine... if you dont mind the childish avatar that you become, then i think its a great walking video game... i just bought another one called golds gym dance workout, but i havent tried it yet so i cant report on it... looks good though. good music, and i think alot of it is low impact, and fun dancing to good music. good luck!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    UFC Trainer is pretty intense.
  • magicsonata
    magicsonata Posts: 15 Member
    I love the Zumba games, I am dripping with sweat by the time I am done. And per my BodyMedia Fit I am burning about 400 calories per hour! So it is fun and productive.

I think anything that gets you moving and keeps you motivated is a good thing. Good luck!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    OMG! Get punch out!! It's so much fun!! lol.

Also the Any of the dancing games or the wii fit!

I love my wii.. I have been lazy with it though..