how do you?

Options
how did you get a six pack or a flat belly? what workouts did you do? will just doing crunches get me a six pack or do I have to do some other workout routine? cause im dieing for a flat belly. that would be really nice!

Replies

• kendranicolecuster1994
    Options
    ive heard that crunches and then doing a weight machine that has some resistance helps get rid of belly fat. this is a problem for me too
  • x3kimi
    x3kimi Posts: 12
    Options
    A lot of strength training with special focus on the abs. Don't forget the rest of your muscles. Also eat clean!
  • EpiRunr
    Options
    You absolutely cannot spot reduce fat. Ab work will help to develop the muscles, but unless you get your body fat percentage quite low, they'll be hidden. Abs are made in the kitchen!
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ive heard that crunches and then doing a weight machine that has some resistance helps get rid of belly fat. this is a problem for me too

I just saw a gym machine at sears which is at an affordable price for me. I might think about buying one in the future! thanks for the tip.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh!!!!!

Nope. You have the muscles already, silly. You can work on them all you want.

IF YOUR DIET ISN'T RIGHT, YOU WILL NEVER SEE THEM!

"Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym"

You have to lower your body fat %. You CAN"T target belly fat with ab exercises.

Good luck!!!
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options

I just saw a gym machine at sears which is at an affordable price for me. I might think about buying one in the future! thanks for the tip.

Please don't do this, don't waste your money.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Ab muscles are underneath any fat that may be there. Building your ab muscles makes them larger, which then pushes out all the organs and fat that is on top of them, making your belly look bigger. You need to lose the fat first before getting crazy about the abs. Of course, do work your core, core strength in the abs and back is very important for posture and balance. But doinga million crunches if you still have a lot of weight to lose won't get you the results you want. A six-pack with fat on top of it, still looks like fat.
  • jktrana
    Options
    Chrunches won't give you a six pack. In order to lose fat in that area, you'll need a good healthy diet, combined with cardio workouts. I recommend high intensity cardio (running, step, jump rope, spinning, rowing), using HIIT (High Intensty Interval Training). It would be good to also do, either pilates (pilates focus a lot on strengthening the core/abdomen), yoga or simple weight lifting (chrunches, deadlift, hanging legraises) to strengthen the abdomen and the body overall.
  • JBcat123
    Options
    I guess ill just wait till I loose my weight than. :) I always see these great photos in the success stories section and they inspire me to get a flat belly or a six pack on my own one day.
  • JBcat123
    Options
    Chrunches won't give you a six pack. In order to lose fat in that area, you'll need a good healthy diet, combined with cardio workouts. I recommend high intensity cardio (running, step, jump rope, spinning, rowing), using HIIT (High Intensty Interval Training). It would be good to also do, either pilates (pilates focus a lot on strengthening the core/abdomen), yoga or simple weight lifting (chrunches, deadlift, hanging legraises) to strengthen the abdomen and the body overall.

I have a few pilates tapes at home that I never used before. ill look into them...and I do have a bike that I barely use. I just do tai chi as a workout that burns about 200 calories and walk 20-40 minutes a day but I think that's to light and need to speed it up a bit.