ChaLEAN extreme

Options
Hi everyone! I'm starting ChaLEAN extreme sometime within the next week (waiting for my adjustable dumbbells to come in the mail) and I was looking for a couple people who were also just starting the program that want to keep each other motivated to finish. I've never finished one of these types of programs all the way through, so I'm definitely going to finish this one! I really like lifting weights so I think this program will be a good fit for me.

Any tips from those who have done it would also be appreciated!

Let me know! Thanks!

Replies

• katkrak
    katkrak Posts: 92
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am doing the program for the 2nd time around, and am currently on the 3rd phase. Feel free to ask me any questions as they come up. It is an awesome workout program and I think you will enjoy it and love the results that you get! ;)
  • kelmax
    kelmax Posts: 55
    Options
    I should get mine in the mail tomorrow. I have yet to complete a workout all the way through. Any and all motivation to help keep accountability would be great.
  • kelmax
    kelmax Posts: 55
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am doing the program for the 2nd time around, and am currently on the 3rd phase. Feel free to ask me any questions as they come up. It is an awesome workout program and I think you will enjoy it and love the results that you get! ;)

What were your results like the 1st time? I started turbo fire and did it for like 2 weeks, but some of the workouts are so long, I am struggling to complete. Any tips/advice? Do you follow a strict meal plan? I just ordered the regular program, I didn't do deluxe. What size weights do we need? Sorry to bombard, just have a lot of questions. :)
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week and I am loving it!! I don't have the adjustable weights though so I have a bunch of equipment (weights) I had the weights already and am needing to up my weight for this program. It's nice, the workouts aren't too long except one day a week) and I love the way I feel when I complete a workout.

Anyone who wants to add me, feel free :)
  • bajanchic
    Options
    Hi all, I am on day 17, well 18 tomorrow, I have the weights and i am really enjoying it. I have noticed some small changes already..not on the scale though:( but the way my pants fit!!
    Can we try to support each other here:)
    also how to you calculate calories burned?
    cheers
  • aprp86
    aprp86 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I'm on wk 2 of the program (Burn). This is the 3rd time I start this program and I'm planning on doing the 90 days this time! I did P90 (not P90x) back on 2011 and had good results. Before that 10 min trainer for 60. After that I started CL XT and was doing really good until I got a new job and "couldnt find any time to do it". I got pregnant, had my baby girl and now im ready again to do it. You can add me if you want and we can keep ourselves motivated. It's nice to have someone that's doing the same thing that you are doing as a friend lol.
  • mylifemychoice1985
    mylifemychoice1985 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did this program last summer and just started it again 4 days ago since I fell off track. I love it and felt so strong. I can't wait to get to that point again. Feel free to add me.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Good luck all! I've done this program twice and loved it. I was a Finalist in Beachbody's Million Dollar Body game two years ago thanks to this one.
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I did the program during the summer..i am glad I did that before turbo fire...slow at first...highly recommend u take measurements...i lost a ton of inches on it...just started turbo fire then I will hybrid the two...good luck!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I did some of the program within the last year and I'm starting up again with Insanity, feel free to add me!
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I did 2 rounds of CLX between Jan 2009 and July 2009 in prep for my sister's wedding. The first round I did pretty much as written (had to re-arrange the schedule a bit to do weights on Sun/Tu/Thur and the cardios on Mon/Wed) and lost about 10 pounds...not bad, since every Fri/Sat my boyfriend and I were away snowmobiling and eating out. Plus I had major strength gains. The second round, I added extra cardio - I did CLX exactly as written, but added either a Turbo Jam cardio or I biked to work (9 miles each way) 6 days a week. I lost 25 pounds during round 2. :)

Right now, I'm finishing up week 3 of Les Mills Combat (my am workouts Sun-Fri), and I'm adding CLX strength workouts 3 days a week after work and adding biking/running for my triathlon training 2 days a week after work. only doing my am workout on fridays and saturday is my rest day, since my fiance and I go away every weekend to snowmobile. :) This week is my first week of "doubles" - weeks 1/2 of Combat I didn't add pm workouts, so I could get used to working out in the morning, since I'm normally a pm exerciser. :) I lost 5 pounds in the first 2 weeks of doing Combat....although I'm not expecting much, if anything of a loss for this week when I weigh in tomorrow morning, because I added weight training this week, and I always retain water in my first week of two of starting a new lifting program (especially after having been concentrating on primarily cardio recently - did Turbo Fire prior to Christmas, and Insanity prior to that). :)

-Christina
  • RoxyBaroque
    RoxyBaroque Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    *bump*!

Hello,

I've just done day 1 week 1 and am buzzing! I really think I'm going to like this work out - definitely going to have to up my weights tomorrow though - was only using 2kgs as I didn't know what to expect. I've only done 30DS before (and think I only lasted on that for about 8 days!) so am really keen on making this through to the end to see what happens!

How's everyone else doing??
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am starting Chalean Xtreme next week!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    how do you think results will be for someone who is pretty much at their goal weight but still wants to lose a few inches? will i get much results from it? how long is the program?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I'm on wk 2 of the program (Burn). This is the 3rd time I start this program and I'm planning on doing the 90 days this time! I did P90 (not P90x) back on 2011 and had good results. Before that 10 min trainer for 60. After that I started CL XT and was doing really good until I got a new job and "couldnt find any time to do it". I got pregnant, had my baby girl and now im ready again to do it. You can add me if you want and we can keep ourselves motivated. It's nice to have someone that's doing the same thing that you are doing as a friend lol.

how was 10 min trainer?
  • samfuturefit
    Options
    Starting ChaLEAN in 2 weeks!
  • spanglevie
    spanglevie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You have all inspired me! I'm going to start w/c 11th Feb.

I part did the 90 days last year, I did about 6 weeks of it and was really enjoying it. Then we got a puppy and my whole routine went out of the window.

He's well trained now and in the exact routine of my other dog so time to get my fitness levels back up.

Add me as a friend and lets help motivate each other :-)
  • meaghanrocks
    meaghanrocks Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started chalean extreme i am in my second week.... i find im getting muscle definition but not really losing any weight or inches... more gaining inches.... im only using 7.5 pounds for each exercise not quiet sure whats going on but feel free to add me!
  • RoxyBaroque
    RoxyBaroque Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first week and my arms are still shaking! Looking forward to next week though!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Starting Chalean tomorrow, can't wait!