My 260 calorie breakfast

Options
rlinson
rlinson Posts: 62 Member
Had this for breakfast this morning.

2 pieces of Canadian bacon - 90 calories
2 eggs, scrambled - 140 calories
1 piece fat free swiss cheese - 30 calories

I cut the Canadian bacon into small pieces and put into a small frying pan to brown up just a bit. Added a small dab of olive oil to prevent the eggs from sticking (a spray oil would work well). Poured the scrambled eggs over the Canadian bacon and let cook. After a minute or two flipped to get the eggs all the way cooked. Added the swiss cheese. Slid out of frying pan onto plate - folding the egg in half over the cheese like and omelet.

Variations - can use egg whites only and can add some veggies(onion, spinach, tomato, peppers) or skip the cheese.

Also - don't make the pan too hot - medium should do just fine.

Replies

• Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    actually a pretty fulfilling breakfast for those total calories!!! Will have to give this one a try...tks for sharing
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    I do something similar, but boost the calories a bit.

I take 2 Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties, cut up into chunks. I saute about 1/4 cup onions and 1/4 cup green peppers with the sausage. Once that is sauteed, I add some chunky salsa, as spicy as I like it. I move the veggies/sausage to one side of the pan and crack in 2 eggs, then scramble. When they are getting close to being done, I mix the all the ingredients together in the pan. Once the eggs are done, I add about 1/8 cup of fiesta/Mexican blend cheese, and fold the mixture over the cheese to melt the cheese. Then I slide the whole mix onto a large tortilla and voila I have an utterly scrumptious breakfast burrito.

I must warn that the whole thing weighs in at about 535 calories, but as I am doing more exercise, I must begin intaking more calories at breakfast. The tortilla takes up a lot of the calories (180) in this meal, so treating it like an omelette is a way to remove almost two hundred calories.
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Not a lot of calories, but seems like quite a bit of fat intake.
    Should swich to egg whites.
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    That's very similar to my favorite breakfast except I use Egg Beaters and load it with veggies - Egg Beaters southwestern is great too. I saute mushrooms, peppers, & broccoli; then add some spinach and then my Egg Beaters to make a great scramble. Then I usually do Canadian Bacon or my favorite is Morning Star breakfast sausage links. And then I usually have half an English muffin or a light Activia yogurt. Very filling; nutritious, low cal & low fat. Keep up the great work!!!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    For those of us that are lazy, here is a great suggestion for peppers and onions. I got a plastic container that is split into 2 sections, and I precut up a couple green peppers and a big ol' sweet onion. Then when I need onions and peppers, just open the container and throw a bunch in the frying pan.
  • viliberty
    viliberty Posts: 74
    Options
    For those of us that are lazy, here is a great suggestion for peppers and onions. I got a plastic container that is split into 2 sections, and I precut up a couple green peppers and a big ol' sweet onion. Then when I need onions and peppers, just open the container and throw a bunch in the frying pan.

Good idea. I use a lot of these great vegetables. I chop up the peppers and onions and put them in zip lock bags in the freezer. Then when I need some (like for an omelette or soup) I just whack the bag against the counter to loosen the pack and pour out what I need. Then put the rest back in the freezer. I like to do the same with red peppers for when I need a little color in a dish. They keep well, and I chop up a batch when prices are low. But I really do like the peppers fresh and raw .