Every muscle hurts!

Options
Last week I attempted something brand new. I rotated between intense cardio and strength training for 7 straight days. Clearly my body is not yet up to that amount of exercise because this morning I woke up feeling like a truck ran over me.

Even though I would like to be able to work out as often as possible, I do plan to go back to a 5 day on and 2 day off workout routine because I need the rest and my body needs to heal and I push it.

In the meantime.. I am in pain and feeling really beaten down.

What are some of the best ways you have alleviated your muscle pain / rundown feeling?

Replies

• bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Well done! Drink lots of water and also make sure you warm up and cool down. Rotate between cardio and strength so so that you are not doing all the strength in one go.
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    actually a bit of straight up easy cardio, like walking for a bit, or doing a light bit of elliptical usually makes me feel better. i get all tight in my muscles, so this seems to loosen me up a bit, and it feels a bit better. that and a couple aspirin or something is probably all i ever do. otherwise i usually just wait it out, and realize i overdid, then try to ramp up instead of going overboard again :)
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hot bath, gentle stretching, Tylenol if you really hurt--and enjoy your day off. Flu comes with muscle aches and pains (but you'd have a fever as well). Hope you feel better tomorrow.