Diet Devotion - march 16-18

Options
March 16
Psalm 33:21
For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.

The Psalms are a wonderful example of what it means to put trust in the Lord. David shared both his trials and his triumphs with his God. In every situation, David turned to God for guidance and support. David was a spiritual giant because he recognized the source of all that he was and could ever hope to be. We can be like David. If we will turn to God for His strength and courage in the face of our trials, He will provide for our every need. When we diet, we can rejoice in the fact that God will honor and bless our trust in Him.
Today's thought: The diet I keep will bring me joy and fulfillment!
Deuteronomy 32:10
He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.

It is vital that we remember how pleasing it is to God when we choose to lose weight. No matter how we look or act, God loves us, but just like earthly parents, when we do our best and look our best, we are most pleasing. God is proud of us when we sacrifice and learn self-discipline. He watches our every move, our every struggle, and He loves us. He will be with us continually. Let us follow His teachings and do all in our power to make Him proud of us; not only in our diets, but in every undertaking.
Today's thought: I am the nonfattening apple of God's eye!
2 Timothy 1:12
. . .I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

'You can't lose weight. You've never stuck with anything in your whole life.' Those words haunt me all the time-every time I slip and eat something I know I shouldn't. I hate it when people think I'm too weak to succeed in my diet. I hate it even more when I prove them right. Still, being ashamed of failing at my diet is often good for me. If I am ashamed enough, then it helps me stick with it the next time. God has helped me a lot to conquer negative shame. I have committed my diet to Him, and He is true to help me keep on track.
Today's thought: I'll prove to all my skeptical friends that I am capable of losing weight.

Replies

• PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    March 16
    Psalm 33:21
    For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.

The Psalms are a wonderful example of what it means to put trust in the Lord. David shared both his trials and his triumphs with his God. In every situation, David turned to God for guidance and support. David was a spiritual giant because he recognized the source of all that he was and could ever hope to be. We can be like David. If we will turn to God for His strength and courage in the face of our trials, He will provide for our every need. When we diet, we can rejoice in the fact that God will honor and bless our trust in Him.
    Today's thought: The diet I keep will bring me joy and fulfillment!
    Deuteronomy 32:10
    He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.

It is vital that we remember how pleasing it is to God when we choose to lose weight. No matter how we look or act, God loves us, but just like earthly parents, when we do our best and look our best, we are most pleasing. God is proud of us when we sacrifice and learn self-discipline. He watches our every move, our every struggle, and He loves us. He will be with us continually. Let us follow His teachings and do all in our power to make Him proud of us; not only in our diets, but in every undertaking.
    Today's thought: I am the nonfattening apple of God's eye!
    2 Timothy 1:12
    . . .I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

'You can't lose weight. You've never stuck with anything in your whole life.' Those words haunt me all the time-every time I slip and eat something I know I shouldn't. I hate it when people think I'm too weak to succeed in my diet. I hate it even more when I prove them right. Still, being ashamed of failing at my diet is often good for me. If I am ashamed enough, then it helps me stick with it the next time. God has helped me a lot to conquer negative shame. I have committed my diet to Him, and He is true to help me keep on track.
    Today's thought: I'll prove to all my skeptical friends that I am capable of losing weight.
    Options
    Thanks Pammy! I like the March 17th one. I never really stop to even think that this (losing weight) really makes Him happy!
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Options
    I really needed to hear the last one. Thanks.
  • llhenley
    llhenley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :smile: I really like this diet devotional writing. It is very encouraging and takes the focus off of our bodies and puts it on him, which makes you feel more uplifted. Thanks, Lisa in Maine where spring is never going to come!