Are you having an Alcohol Free January ?

Options
Hi
For years I have had some alcohol every evening (Beer or Wine to relax). Well I am on the alcohol free January plan and already finding the weight "falling off" with the loss of the alcohol calories. (2 cans of beer are 500 cals)
I'm not finding it difficult as I'm not particularly missing the drink.
Is anyone else doing this.
Ian

Replies

• chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    Not on purpose! :drinker:
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My sister and brother in law are. I haven't had any alcohol myself this month but my other half doesn't drink. I stopped missing/needing alcohol awhile ago. Plus it now goes straight to my head now. ;)
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! My husband was not a casual drinker, he was an alcoholic. He drank my share. Just wanted to give you encouragement.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Trying.
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'm not doing it on purpose either! I just don't like to drink.
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am. I'm actually having an alcohol free winter. I enjoy beer and wine but it's not hard to say no. I find it more difficult when we go out with friends or during basketball games.
  • Angi_M
    Angi_M Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am as well. Normally a few times a week I have a glass of red wine. But decided to have a dry January, I am not sure if there is a relation but have found it was easier to focus and not binge or overeat. I am down 4 lbs. :)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Not only no, but HELL no!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I live in Saudi Arabia. Any alcohol would mean me getting my head chopped off in front of public after a Friday prayer (totally serious btw)
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm alcohol free every month. My husband died of cirrhosis in 2011 and I pretty much stopped alcohol and tylenol products because of that. There are other ways to destress and relax, such as exercise and/or meditation.
  • kristaleighwhite
    kristaleighwhite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am impressed. I have the same habit - a glass of wine or two after work (or even after the gym :ohwell: ). Any tips on how to break this habit? Perhaps I should start a new thread...

For me, I used to have a glass just to "relax," but now, it's more simply because I like wine.
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    I haven't had a drink since the first week of August but I would love to!! I can say I don't miss the hangovers or binge drunk eating!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I live in Saudi Arabia. Any alcohol would mean me getting my head chopped off in front of public after a Friday prayer (totally serious btw)

It a little strict as programs go, but I bet its more effective than AA!

OP: I've cycled through this type of thing but I find targeting moderation means that I don't binge. Works the same with food.
  • TexMexBel
    TexMexBel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I gave up ALL alcohol in July 2010, I LOVED my half glass of red wine each evening while preparing supper, winding down from my days work. I thought I would miss it but I DON'T... Was the best thing I ever did...:happy:
  • davidoneill1914
    davidoneill1914 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yes im doing this also, like you not missing it at all!! at the moment that is lol
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Sounds a bit drastic ;)

I have cut down to just Friday and Saturday nights...
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Yes,but I am normally a once in a blue moon have a libation kind of person... but keep up the good work! Like I said when I started my new lifestyle 12/31/11 - anything I crave will be waiting for me AFTER I get to goal.. funny thing, got to goal and didn't want the things I thought I would when I get there.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    and an alcohol free Feb-Dec too ;)

I don't drink lol
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    im mostly tea total these days , been there done that ! :)
  • CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am not, but I am having a Candy Free January. It's been pretty tough!! I drink socially anyway. No problems here :)