Women with double belly rolls...

Options

Replies

• AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I would have let the doctor leave the room without a body bag... WTH?
    My stomach looked like yours around 250...I'm 188 now and most of the top is gone. Before I was pregnant, I was about 170, and my stomach was completely flat. You can do it!
  • lomins
    lomins Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just weighing in to say your doctor is an *kitten*.

Keep it up, girl you're doing great!
  • peachea
    peachea Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Start strength training 3 x's a week. Heavy weight lifting. Bench presses, squats, rows etc. Eat clean, healthy foods. Have a treat too if you want. Cardio 3-4 days a week. Walking preferably. Some dancing if you like. Give it time. It will go away.

DOnt wait to lose the weight, and then do the strength training. Start it now. It will speed up your metabolism, help you burn the fat more efficiently and maintain LBM. You can have a beautiful 6 pack of abs by doing this. Good luck.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    So I need some inspiration with women who have lost their double belly rolls. I have attached pictures of what mine look like. This is after 30 pounds lost, and I'm curious as to how much I will have to lose to make my top roll disappear.

I'm extremely self-conscious about my stomach...especially when one doctor grabbed on to it and said "Whoa, got a bit of a fat tumor there, don't ya?" Yah, never saw him again.

I'm always looking for new friends and supporters as well.

have faith. keep going, and eventually it HAS to get flatter.

My belly didn't look like that...mine looked like a saggy booty stuck to the front of me. This was me in January 2010. I went on to gain another 30lbs.
    8193374926_e25182cc2b_m.jpg
    0120100909 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

this is me in the same shirt this past November--within 5lbs of where I was in the first picture.
    8211731868_5394684d1d_m.jpg
    IMG00856-20121123-0837 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

This is a side shot taken in September, November and December of 2012.
    8333632541_30b15c1f26.jpg
    sept-dec by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    Start strength training 3 x's a week. Heavy weight lifting. Bench presses, squats, rows etc. Eat clean, healthy foods. Have a treat too if you want. Cardio 3-4 days a week. Walking preferably. Some dancing if you like. Give it time. It will go away.

DOnt wait to lose the weight, and then do the strength training. Start it now. It will speed up your metabolism, help you burn the fat more efficiently and maintain LBM. You can have a beautiful 6 pack of abs by doing this. Good luck.

^^^This. I can attest to having my stomach lose inches. Weight lifting will keep the "flap" away. Weight lifting will burn fat while maintaining muscle mass which is extremely important. Cardio burns both fat and muscle. So a combo is beneficial but don't forgo the weights. Please don't. Its totally worth it. Its done wonders to my post baby belly.

Good luck and congrats on your weight loss!!! :drinker:
  • ah27205
    ah27205 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mine looks similar except I have 14 scars from abdominal surgeries. I previously lost 52lbs and noticed a difference but I've gained it back, tryin to lose it again! Goodluck and great job :)
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This picture is after losing 45lbs, I'm down 55lbs now- maybe a bit more. I have this issue, big time. I never did, but I sure do now. I have had 3 kids- 2 of them are in their teens and my baby is 2. She was a c-section and it certainly didn't help this situation at all :) It's still there, I still hate it- but it's getting smaller.

21775_10151759304965715_1581222938_n_zps7b1051c8.jpg
  • nikcasso
    nikcasso Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't have before pics posted but my profile pic was from this morning. When I started I was 200# and now I am 167. I had rolls on my sides and back and my lower belly hung so low that I could not see my tatoo on my hip. Until I started weights and ab work, I looked like a skinny version of the 200# me. I started p90x and I gained almost 5 pounds but I am loosing massive inches and my lower belly is shrinking dramatically. So I think, for me it wasn't a time thing, but a fitness thing that determined when the rolls went away. Btw, been losing weight here since may 2012. Hope that helps.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I can't see the pics in your post OP, but I had the double rolls. My first pic here is a little blurry but hopefully you can see. It is much improved. I have about 32 pounds or so to go.

Collage11213_zps7e55b354.jpg
  • NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    well first off, well done on loosing 30 lbs!! :smile:
    secondly, your doctor was totally outta line saying that, how inappropriate, he should have known better. :mad:
    i have that sort of problem area too, i have lost 36 lbs to date, still a long way to go but i do think it is shrinking a little. I have always been told you loose belly fat at the very end, i don't know how true that is but i mean i don't think i will ever have the "perfect" stomach, but ya it does get to me at times having the roles, and lumps and bumps. i think best thing is to stay going and i am sure we will notice a difference.
    keep up the good work :smile:
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I hate it. I do have a pretty good guy though who doesnt seem to care. I'm just going to reassess what I think when I get to my goal. It's always been loose skin for me and the older I get the saggier it gets. Can't wear form fitting clothes because of the belly button area in the center that is the first thing I see when I put on clothes that are tight in the waist like that. Just seems to highlight the double roll.
  • FirstCoastLisa
    Options
    Dont' have pictures but my are worse than yours... And I got scars. My stomach looks like a sack of potatoes. Sadly, losing weight just made it worse. my surgeon said I should have plastic surgery next year.

But you know the amazing thing - it barely matters. I am dating an awesome guy and he doesn't care.

I look good - I wear spanks and just own it.

^5 thank God for Spanx and keeping it real! Glad you have a man in your life who appreciates a real woman. You're a lucky woman.
  • rpeace346
    rpeace346 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 30 pounds! I'm trying to work on those two things myself. I've had 2 kids, both by c-section, and it has taken almost 4 years to get some feeling back in those muscles. All in all, it makes exercising it more difficult because I've injured the area in the past because I couldn't feel when I was doing something incorrectly or went too far with something. I'm hoping/working to lose another 60-70 lbs and then reassess where that area is as I reach my goal. Any pointers and help would be hugely appreciated!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 30 lbs.!:drinker: That is amazing, your doctor was a JERK, and I also have a roll on the bottom part but not the top part. I'm wondering if some of this is SKIN now? I've shrunk more in size than in lbs. Good luck to you, and maybe we should all start an mfp tummy tuck fund!:ohwell:
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    So I need some inspiration with women who have lost their double belly rolls. I have attached pictures of what mine look like. This is after 30 pounds lost, and I'm curious as to how much I will have to lose to make my top roll disappear.

I'm extremely self-conscious about my stomach...especially when one doctor grabbed on to it and said "Whoa, got a bit of a fat tumor there, don't ya?" Yah, never saw him again.

WOW! What a putz! Not only should you never go back to him (good choice, by the way) but you should share your experience with others thinking of going to him in the future. The beside manner of a baboon!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    wow that's awful that your doc did that!! I don't have a double roll, just one huge one lol!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Lol that doctor was definitely out of his mind for that one....Not to discourage you but I have the same double roll action going on. My dad says it looks like someone tied an invisible string around my waist :-/.....anywho I've been trying to get a flat stomach forever now. Its gone down some but that invisible string is still there :-(....*pics in my profile
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    With the exception of my butt, we have the same body! The first roll I call the shark, like a hammer head. lol Mine is mostly stretchmarks so it will hang before going away! :( I would love for you to update as you move along in your weight loss!

congrats on your 30# lost! That's a great job well done!
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I didn't acquire it until I started on birth control long term and I think it caused me to carry more pounds on my belly. :( Lost 30 pounds and at 160 now, but I've still got a little roll above my belly button. It HAS shrunk quite a bit so I'm hoping another 20 pounds will make it disappear. I do want to see my belly button again some day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!