Scale says 5 lbs, pics say another story!!!

Options
I can't figure out how to get the pictures to show up here, but I posted some new progress pics in my profile. The first pics are from November, the new ones are from today. I started at 200.8 lbs and as of today I weight 196.0. So I have only lost 5 lbs, but I see a HUGE difference in my pictures. There is finally a space between the bottom of my breasts and the top of my tummy, lol. I also see less rolls in my back, and from the front I finally see the small start of an hour glass from my breasts in to my waist instead of it all being the same size. I feel good.

Replies

• kirstencorren
    kirstencorren Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You can absolutely see the change in your shape, especially from the back. Keep up the good work!
  • Budding_Flower
    Budding_Flower Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!! You definitely can see a change! I am at 193 right now and the difference is crazy just from a few pounds lost. It's super motivating to see yourself changing like that isn't it?! :) Keep going!
  • flyersrule17a
    flyersrule17a Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is very motivating to see the change. I have so much more energy, was able to finally get my size 14 Old Navy skirt from last year to button the other day, today I walked for 50 minutes and mowed my lawn for the first time [husband usually does it, but he's sick with the flu]. I am amazed at the things I'm starting to be able to do again. I'm glad I started this journey.
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can see a definite difference, as well. Congrats!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    There's a difference in your arms, especially. They look much firmer now. Congrats and keep it up!
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    What the heck are you doing to see such results in 5 pounds?!!! That is just crazy. Inquiring minds want to know? Please!
  • SaintBock
    Options
    Congrats! Nice progress! :D
    WOOOOO!!!

I know, isn't it amazing? With like every pound... I found I had more energy to do things.
  • flyersrule17a
    Options
    I have been trying really hard to stick to my calorie limit. The other thing I've been doing is long walks. I'm not much of a runner, but about 3-4 days a week I have been walking about 2 1/2 - 3 miles. It usually takes me about 60 minutes to walk. I haven't even started doing weights yet. I'm amazed myself.
  • LouMonoLou
    Options
    And this is called NSV (Non Scale Victory) and it's far better than SV (scale victory)

Keep going is all I can say :D
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This is why you see so many people saying to throw the scale out. Would you be happier with what you have gained in the pictures or looking the same as you did before but the scale showed a 10 lb loss? Obviously the former.

I was going to assume you had started weight training to see such good results. But, since you haven't yet... holy smokes will you make some great progress with weights added in. Marvelous work! Those pictures have to be very motivating for you.
  • flyersrule17a
    Options
    I am hoping that the weights do help the progress. Since my biggest area for me with self image is my belly, I'm going to start doing some core work with a medicine ball. My husband is also buying me a treadmill next month since the weather is getting colder and also because I'm a stay at home mom so it's hard to get out sometimes to go walking. My goal is 165 by June 1st and 135 by the end of the year. I think I can do it!!! There are 20 weeks between now and June 1st, so if I lost 1.5 lbs per week I would be right on track to hit my goal. I have already picked out a swimsuit from Victoria's Secret that I really want to buy and wear this summer. I hope I can do it.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Congratulations!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You can certainly see the changes. Good job.

In the side on pic your belly is now not protruding past your boobs like it was.
  • bikernurse11
    Options
    Congrts keep going...it is so rewarding when you start to see results. I have only been on my diet program 1 week and hope to see results to keep me going too.
  • flyersrule17a
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :)
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great start!

And I loooove your eyebrows! :)
  • simplyk8
    simplyk8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've never been a pic progress taker, but this is a perfect example of why I've been converted! 5 pounds feels so piddly when you have a large goal in mind, but when you see physical proof that 5 pounds really makes a difference... yup. Awesome. Keep it up girl!
  • flyersrule17a
    Options
    bump
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! My mom's been telling me the same; I look more tones now than 3.5 weeks ago when we did some pictures prior to Christmas. Then she up and tells me I look smaller now than I did 7 years ago even though I still weigh more now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!