Meeting. Targets

Options
Hi I've been using MFP for 11 days now. At first the weight was falling off but that was all extra Christmas pounds. For the past few days I've been totally stuck despite keeping v close to the 1325 daily calorie limit. What is also demotivating me is that at the end of the day the message that comes up is just for a rolling 5 weeks and so it never gets any nearer. Does that make sense? I know I've only just started MFP and perhaps I haven't given it much time. I have 7 pounds to shift which have gone on over the last couple of year so maybe they will be v slow to come off.

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing so often, expect to lose half a pound a week average not consistently give you have so little to lose. What you lost initially was probably water weight due to salt or carbs.
  • sophiej43kitty
    Options
    I know you are right but its so demotivating to get on the scales and find no change or worse- gain. This morning I weigh a pound more despite running off 400 cals yesterday and eating slightly below my 1325 calorie target. I will try to weigh myself every other day this week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I know you are right but its so demotivating to get on the scales and find no change or worse- gain. This morning I weigh a pound more despite running off 400 cals yesterday and eating slightly below my 1325 calorie target. I will try to weigh myself every other day this week.

You only have 7lb to lose, so you need to eat back exercise calories. too large a deficit will not help when you are only getting rid of 'vanity pounds' as the body doesnt want to give them up!

you havent mentioned exercise, but i would suggest a strenght training focus as you probably just need to 'tone up' as opposed to really losing much weight?
  • sophiej43kitty
    Options
    Sorry I'm a bit new to all the terminology. What does eating back exercise calories mean? What are vanity pounds? I know 7 pounds doesn't sound a lot but its half a stone and it needs shifting. I try to run a couple of times a week but my ankle is playing up which isn't helping much! I also do Pilates twice a week and have done for 6 years but it doesn't burn calories.