avacado - what do you do with yours?

Options

Replies

• carolineire
    carolineire Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump to remind me to check this out later, great ideas!
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Smoothies, salads, dips, and spreads.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    8374373857_e12b242453_z.jpg

Avocado with roasted kumera (sweet potato), sour cream and chopped smoked almonds. Yum.
  • joslin2005
    Options
    They are yummy on salads.
    taco salads
    I LOVE guacamole. I make my guacamole with lime juice, garlic, tomatoes, salt, onion, and cilantro.
    chicken sandwich with guacamole or just an avocado slices
    soft tacos
    Burgers with guacamole or avocado slices
    fajitas
    burritos
    and of course the typically chips and guacamole
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • optimist49
    Options
    I do love them with just a little sea salt and pepper, but you can put them in a salad.
  • alexaspaghetti
    Options
    baked avocado fries: DELICIOUS and a great side. http://bethcooks.squarespace.com/journal/2011/1/6/baked-avocado-fries.html
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I put mine on grilled cheese with a little seasoning. Amazing.
  • sweetpea101077
    sweetpea101077 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use it as a mayonnaise substitute, the creamy texture is a great alternative. It's great on turkey burgers or quinoa burgers.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I take it out for a nice dinner, perhaps take in a play or stop by a local jazz club. A little quiet conversation, some thoughtful debate on current political issues and maybe a walk along the canal.

After that, it practically peels itself, ready to be pitted and devoured just as it is.
  • aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i love them on sandwiches, like turkey. I also eat them with a spoon as is, put them in a salad, or even a smoothie.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    I cut it up with tomato and mozzerella cheese. Add a little salt and it is a nice compliment to a meal.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    avocado and orange salad, they go great together.
  • snrhea
    snrhea Posts: 8
    Options
    I eat them on sandwiches and in wraps. I've made tomato and avocado salads; avocado, black bean, corn, tomato, cilantro and lime juice (sometimes I add in brown rice). I like avocado, tomato, and mozzarella grilled cheese. You can also do a fried egg and avocado sandwich.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Fry it in butter and salt n pepper it! Make smoothies out of it. Make guacamole. Put it on steak salads with salsa. Put slices on burritos and tacos...
  • geniesandoval
    geniesandoval Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What a great idea since i have only been using mustard on everything.
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Avocado milkshake, is by far my favorite milkshake I have ever tried. Yeah, it may have a good amount of sugar but it's pretty much my one "cheat" snack each week. Plus, the avocado makes it a little healthy.

Putting it into my morning smoothies is how it goes sometimes too, but milkshake is still my favorite.
  • Becky99504
    Options
    I add mine to my salads......
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Add to salads. Slice up and put in sandwiches/wraps. Slice on plate and eat as is or dip in mustard/hummus/sriracha/anything you want.
  • go3gurl2go1
    Options
    Bump! I'm totally going to buy some avacodos and trying these ideas asap!