A Few Awesome Things So Far...

Options
Recently, I have been actually feeling lean. I am not. I am still 40lb overweight.... but, I can now do squats without leaning forward. Also, my belt size is down 3 loop holes. In October I purchased a pair of size 38 jeans that were a little small on me. I need a belt to wear them now. Also, I am a big hiker. I went hiking yesterday, and found that I am much stronger in areas that I did not even know I was weak. This includes my knees, quads, hamstrings, and core. It was muddy, icy, and snowy. Several times I slipped. Most of those times I never hit the ground. My leg strength held me up in ways that seemed to defy gravity 4 times. That was awesome!!!

Replies

• Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    See, to not just about the scales. I am so pleased for you, your seeing real benefits and enjoying your hiking. Enjoy that feeling!
  • projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
    That's awesome!
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    That is so great! I am sure it made you feel better on your hike and that your are seeing changes as your progress. It's a great NSV!
  • kew1952
    kew1952 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good for you. That's the kind of stuff that helps to keep us all motivated.
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 136
    Options
    Excellent. It is brilliant to feel the changes and keep these in mind when the going gets tough x
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Excellent. It is brilliant to feel the changes and keep these in mind when the going gets tough x
    Yes, this will be key!!!
  • Topher1978
    Options
    And thank you all!! :bigsmile:
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :) It definitely makes a difference to not be carrying around extra weight on the trails, and the physical fitness adds to your stability. Yay! :) Just think, if you are a backpacker as well, on your backpacking trips soon you'll be carrying less when you are fully loaded for a multiday trip, than you were just out dayhiking with no big pack!
  • Topher1978
    Options
    Way to go! :) It definitely makes a difference to not be carrying around extra weight on the trails, and the physical fitness adds to your stability. Yay! :) Just think, if you are a backpacker as well, on your backpacking trips soon you'll be carrying less when you are fully loaded for a multiday trip, than you were just out dayhiking with no big pack!
    Goodness, I have been wanting to do this for so long. I have all the gear for it!!! I may do part of the AT this year!!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    yes it is the little victories that make the biggest impact and keep us going, fab commitment to yourself!!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    sneakers.gif

That's fabulous ....... enjoy that feeling & keep on truckin' !
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    wonderful!!
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Those things for me are more motivating than the scale moving. It's awesome to feel strong and have more endurance. Good for you!! :happy:
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Rad! No need to wait, get out there! :D I've backpacked fat and thin, and while of course it is more comfortable when you're fit, it is still amazing when you're not. It's so worth it! <3
    Goodness, I have been wanting to do this for so long. I have all the gear for it!!! I may do part of the AT this year!!
  • Topher1978
    Options
    Yes! I can play here in Raccoon. I can do a 2 day hike while I am limited with time as practice!!
  • r0ckclimbingm0m
    Options
    That's awesome! Those NSVs are so nice to have!! Keep up the great work! :-)