FOODS ON THE GO?

Options
Can anyone give me some suggestions on foods I should eat while at work? I driive a bus for 8.5 hours a day from 6:00-2:30 M-F. I don't have much time to stop for a real meal but someone told me to eat something every 2-3 hours to keep metabolism going. I obviously don't get much exercise all day. Is there any suggestions besides FRUIT I can have to keep me feeling full and not starving by the time 12::00 comes?

Replies

• kellyraesmik
    kellyraesmik Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    nuts & seeds are a great healthy snack! And make sure they are unsalted, plain nuts. Just be careful because the calories add up quickly.
    Or carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes & cucumber slices work good too.
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Maybe make a 'sandwich' roll... use a flatout (90 cal flatbread/wrap thingy) and roll some sliced turkey or grilled chicken, some veggies and maybe some spicy mustard or avocado for a spread... then wrap in cellophane. Keep it in a bag.. should be OK for a few hours out of the fridge (or bring a little cold bag/lunch pack).
    Maybe find some protein bars, meal bars that you like.
    You can make little 'egg muffins'... using a cupckae tin, bake little muffins of scrambled egg with spinach, turkey bacon, cheese, onions, veggies... whatever you like. Bake in oven and they pop up like muffins. Then you can keep in fridge for several days. Easy to transport, and high in protein (keep ya full!) Or even just hard boiled eggs.
    Sliced turkey, rolled up around a cheese stick, make 2 or 3 (but watch the cheese, not too much!)
    Rotisserie chickens (like you get precooked at the Grocery store)... just slice a few nice thick slices and grab one when you can.
    Hope these ideas may help...