Fresh Haddock filet recipes

Options
Just bought some fresh haddock today and looking for a quick, easy and good recipe? :smile:

Replies

• marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Seasoning, lemon juice, spray a little nonstick spray on them and broil or cook in a pan. Or you can steam them in a tin foil pouch.

Easy..
  • roxyz925
    Options
    What types of seasoning would you suggest? I have never cooked fresh fish before unless I deep fried it and I don't do that anymore! :happy:
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I buy the Mrs. Dash blends. Lemon pepper would be good, chili lime, any sort of cajun seasoning.

Haddock is very mild and will take on what you give it...so try some things and figure out what you like,
  • roxyz925
    Options
    Thank you so much! Here goes!
  • Jennymcwb
    Jennymcwb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I know you have already cooked it but this is what I do: broil it after drizzling salad dressing. Last night we had it with Greek dressing. I was raised on fried, breaded haddock, but love my way. I grill it in tinfoil
    With onions and peppers, good that way also.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    OMG!! Haddock=Fish N Chips!! bring on the malt vinegar!
  • Jenne1979
    Jenne1979 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Haddock is so versatile and mild, you could do so much with it, it is a lot like chicken in that sense. I love a pinch of chili seasoning, some lime juice and fresh cilantro. Haddock tin foil pouches with salsa and black beans. If you want it to be a bit richer you could spread a Tbsp hellmans with a Tbsp parmesean mixed in and spread it on top of the fish then bake it. If you are craving that fried fish taste....dredge in egg whites then panko bread crumbs, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and bake.
  • roxyz925
    Options
    Just wanted to report how my haddock came out. I sprayed Pam on the bottom of the pan, placed the fish in and put a little spray butter on them (calorie free) then sprinkled a little lemon pepper seasoning, a pinch of sea salt and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. Baked for about 30 minutes and the stuck it under the broiler for about 5 minutes just to brown the grated parmesan cheese. It was awesome! Thank you to all who offered me their ideas and recipes.