hheeeeeelllp!!!1

xojox
xojox Posts: 187 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
i have recently had a particularly nasty fall about 4wks ago. I was in hospital for 2wks and am pretty much incapable of doing anything for myself now.
Any ideas on snacks i can request my mum or hubby make for me that can b done b4 hand that i can get for myself. Or some ideas for meals that my hubby can prepare that are simple when he gets in from work as a lot of take-aways are being consumed at the moment.:embarassed:

Replies

• Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Hah- TOO EASY JO!

I am in the army and work 24hr CQ shifts all the time. It is pretty tough being able to get food without ordering, so here is what I do. Bottles of milk and fiber cereal for starters. Oatmeal is the quickest and easiest way to eat breakfast if you have a microwave available. If your in the hospital, I know they have one in the company break area. Fruit is real easy. Just be choiceful in your selection, as raw fruits are much healthier than canned. For Lunch Tuna is my mainstay. If it was not for this protein packed can, i'd find myself up a tree. Add some moostard (mustard) and some toast or just whole wheat bread and you have an awesome lunch. Cottage cheese is a great add on. For dinner, yeahhhhh this is where it gets tricky as it is kind of tough with your choice of options. Obviously if your in a hospital I'd suggest running to the cafeteria for a large garden salad with a lot of veggies. Have your husband pick up some balsamic vinegarette or a healthy oil based dressing. In moderation!!!! If they have grilled chicken, even better. If he is on the go- I reccommend chic fila grilled chicken sandwhich without the mayo. Grab you some hot sauce or even light mayo with lettuce and tomato. Other than this - I usually find myself consuming healthy choice microwave crap. its not preferred but sure beats the ladder! You can supplement your diet in between with protein shakes, or smoothies. Don't forget to drink lots of water! Again cottage cheese if you got it! I hope this helps!
  • For snack, or you could make it into a meal with other stuff: Joseph's - Flax, Oat Bran, & Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread and I usually get: Cedar's - Artichoke Spinach Hummus but there are all different kinds. They're both great sources of nutrients, protein (the hummus in particular), good fats, etc. I love this stuff.
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    thanks for your help!! i'm out of hospital now and still basically can't stand alone but your ideas are great for my mam to not have to cook for me. xx
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Considering you are just right out of the hospital Jo, make sure your focused on nutrition not as much as calories. Typically when we diet, and can leave out a lot of the necessities our body requires on a normal day. A multi-vitamin is clutch for this, or just make sure you intaking enough nutrients and minerals to satisfy your bodies daily requirements!! Glad your out of the hospital though. My wife is an ICU nurse, so it can be hard to find good healthy options in the cafeteria! They are out there though!!!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Make sure you get your protein to help you heal, as long as you don't have to restrict it for other health reasons. Cottage cheese or yogurt with or without fruit, boiled eggs; home-cooked lunch meats like roast chicken, turkey or beef; canned tuna or salmon, are all easy to prepare and good for you. Protein drinks are another option - I've had minor surgery recently and drank chocolate flavoured soy milk a couple times a day, for 7g of protein per cup and 160 cals (compared to regular chocolate milk with 250 cals/cup)

Wishing you a speedy recovery! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.