I NEVER want to go to labor camp!

Options
We live in a new subdivision and have a very large yard. We have a huge hill on the side of the yard that last year we landscaped, planted 10 trees and 100s of shrubs. Well, earlier in the week I noticed the vacant lot across the street has become a dumping ground for the boulders the builder is moving off the lots. So I asked if we could have them. (you know how expensive large rocks and boulders are at the nursery?!??

Today... my husband and I and a couple crazy friends moved hundreds of rocks and boulders from across the street into our side yard. 320 minutes of work....... 2000 calories! My back is a bit worse for the wear, but I kept the pace going and fell pretty darned good about myself right now.

I also came to the conclusion that I will never make it in any type of labor camp, so I am going to be a law abiding citizen!!

Replies

• jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    That sounded like an awesome workout though. I could use a day like that!
  • polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    come on over....... we are doing it again tomorrow. there is alot of boulders!
  • Samreay
    Samreay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Growing up we had an old rock pile in our yard from when the land had been used for farming. My parents wanted them all hauled to the back of the property and would pay us a quarter for each rock we moved. We only did it if we were desperate to go to a movie or something. Not fun. Even when I was young and had more energy. ;-) Good job!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    We live in a new subdivision and have a very large yard. We have a huge hill on the side of the yard that last year we landscaped, planted 10 trees and 100s of shrubs. Well, earlier in the week I noticed the vacant lot across the street has become a dumping ground for the boulders the builder is moving off the lots. So I asked if we could have them. (you know how expensive large rocks and boulders are at the nursery?!??

Today... my husband and I and a couple crazy friends moved hundreds of rocks and boulders from across the street into our side yard. 320 minutes of work....... 2000 calories! My back is a bit worse for the wear, but I kept the pace going and fell pretty darned good about myself right now.

I also came to the conclusion that I will never make it in any type of labor camp, so I am going to be a law abiding citizen!!

Whatever it takes to keep you crazy boulder lifters on the straight and narrow. ;)
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Lol...dont knw what else to say but I'm really laughing my *kitten* off right now. =) So Good job!!!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    You know, it is funny you mention this because just the other day I was thinking that a job doing manual labor must be really satisfying in a lot of ways. Sure, it is hard on the body, but so is sitting at a desk all day. We just haven't evolved to sit all day! Also, there is nothing like a good day full of physical work to make you really feel like you have earned your sleep that night.

Not saying that I would make it as a career day-laborer, though!

Great job with the rock moving. You must have saved a ton of money.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I know a lady, who makes her kids move rock piles as punishment!!!
  • polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    oh yeah... I was laughing about punishment today, when we would get in trouble and my dad would make us move a rock pile as punishment, and when we were done he would say "now move it back where you found it!"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!