SODA POP SUBSTITUTE

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am someone who likes having pop but I really want to phase it out with my new diet. Obviously Diet has 0 calories but the health risks associated with it are enough to keep me away.

What can I substitute? Maybe seltzer, regular water, sparking water, flavored sparkling? I would love to hear what everyone has to say.

Thanks! **Don't be shy to message me, add friends as well always looking to meet new people and gain advice

Replies

• caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I drink diet but am trying to wean off a little. I love fizz so often buy sparkling water. I also put tap water in the fridge to keep cold. I like it with a spritz of lemon or lime juice. I find the flavoured waters are often calorie laden and too sweet (made a huge mistake last week with one.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I just drink a ton of regular water now. Takes a while but you stop craving soda.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    Sparkling water seems like an excellent substitute. I will definitely look into grabbing more of those when I am out at a restaurant or going to the grocery store.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Flavored sparkling water is good. I gave up soda for the most part but still have some Crystal Light when I remember to make it. Still has artificial sweetener, but better for me than soda IMO.
  • pookeyst
    Options
    There is a brand called Zevia, it's sweetened with stevia. It doesn't taste 100% like regular soda, but it tastes pretty good, and there are a bunch of different flavors to choose from.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    Would anyone recommend Mio? Or are those bad as well.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Pop neither bad or it just is. Having it in moderation is fun.
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    carbonated water is good, mix it with pomegranate juice and you're good to go. Still has some sugar, but it's better than nothing and you don't have the nasty taste of plain seltzer
  • mrsricta
    Options
    Water!
  • mrsricta
    Options
    I just drink a ton of regular water now. Takes a while but you stop craving soda.

This ^^
  • kcwilliams07
    Options
    Diet Rite is a 0 calorie soda made with Splenda instead of aspartame.
  • snrhea
    snrhea Posts: 8
    Options
    I used to drink a ton of soda. I replaced soda with Propel then gradually replaced that with more water.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

This ^^

I also agree! I make a point of carrying my water bottle everywhere and I'm not tempted to buy a pop and I use to drink pop A LOT. Mind over matter. =) I've also started drinking water infused with lemon and cucumber which is tastier and I think healthier.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    what health risks?
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water w/ lemon. Or you could find a delicious herbal fruity tea (don't know if you have gourmet tea bars there (Davids Tea? if so something like goji pop) - if not something like Starbucks passion tea) and make a huge jug of it then cool it in the fridge. Make it double strength if you are going to add ice to the jug.
  • anaduffy
    Options
    I just gave up soda a month ago. I know I have to give it up all together or I won't cut back. Try sparkling water in juice it gives you the same feeling kinda but make sure to do that in moderation too
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I like 0 calorie Sobe. It is sweetened with Stevia.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    thank you for all the suggestions, seems like sparkling water is the favorite here or splenda and sugar substituted drinks.

Thank you again and hopefully I get more suggestions to, maybe about juices now, low calorie.
  • chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Take sparkling water, add the juice from half a grapefruit and half a lime, tastes vaguely like Squirt.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

couldn't have said it better myself