How often to you...

Options
.....weigh yourself?? Now that I have your attention!! I was wondering what is a good time frame to weigh yourself. I find myself getting obsessed with it and I get on the scales daily. I know people say that doing so can discourage you, but I can't help it. So, how often do you?? :blushing:

Replies

• Motivated_Mom_4
    Options
    My answer is it varies. I try to weigh myself only once a day or every other day, but there's a lot of times where I will weigh myself several times a day. Most people recommend only weighing weekly, first thing in the morning before you eat and after you pee. If you're one who won't get frustrated by some fluctuations and won't let it get you down, I say weigh yourself as much as you want. It's all about the mind set.
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I only weigh every other week.
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    Never My scale is no longer in the house. If my clothes are getting bigger and my body is getting smaller and tighter, I really don't care what that number is.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it, which ranges from several times a day to less than once per week. Sometimes I feel like spot checking how a certain food might affect me.
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Never My scale is no longer in the house. If my clothes are getting bigger and my body is getting smaller and tighter, I really don't care what that number is.

thats awesome I am so obsessive over weighing... its horrible.. Congrats to you :) your inspiring
  • stillfine2013
    stillfine2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thats good, atleast I feel like I am not a weirdo for getting on every single day. lol
  • stillfine2013
    Options

Oh my goodness!! GOOD JOB!! I would be all in Walmart pulling one off the shelf just to weigh myself.... Im a mess...
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Twice a day
  • stillfine2013
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it, which ranges from several times a day to less than once per week. Sometimes I feel like spot checking how a certain food might affect me.

I found myself doing that too, and I also take my clothes off. That way I will have on the same exact thing.....my birthday suit!! :)
  • seendie
    seendie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree with Motivated Mum, get on them whenever you want, but it's probably not what the experts advise. I am always on and off the scales. I am on them first thing in the morning to see what damage I have done the day before :cry: I also get on them at bed time, and then start calculating what I might be in the morning-how ridiculous is that. I Guess I am Obsessive compulsive over my scales :laugh:
  • stillfine2013
    Options
    Twice a day

Is that morning and night?? You look beautiful good job on your weight loss!! I cant wait for my numbers to go up....
  • stillfine2013
    Options
    I agree with Motivated Mum, get on them whenever you want, but it's probably not what the experts advise. I am always on and off the scales. I am on them first thing in the morning to see what damage I have done the day before :cry: I also get on them at bed time, and then start calculating what I might be in the morning-how ridiculous is that. I Guess I am Obsessive compulsive over my scales :laugh:

I have found myself obsessing over what I have eating the day before and the changes that the scale reflects. I think I am beginning to show signs of obsession....
  • mswize
    mswize Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Sunday morning to be exact.
  • disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I weigh on my Wii every day. Just the once, first thing in the morning. I love that it keeps track for me and I can see any loss/gain quickly and go from there. I can also see how far I've come which is great. My Wii broke so I had to get a new one so there isn't much data yet but I have certainly improved since I got it!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've gotten into the habit of weighing in weekly. I've been doing this for the past six months or so. While I love seeing the number go down, for me it seems to be go down two, up one, down two, up one..... I think having the weekly record of my weigh ins has helped me. I don't sweat the weeks that I gain now because I know that's just the way I lose.
  • seendie
    seendie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I meant to say I Love Your Pic! I'm Such a fan of Betty Boop..:flowerforyou:
  • yolosolo
    Options
    Once a week. Every Monday after waking up and going to the bathroom. That way you get the most accurate number. Remember your weight varies up to 5 pounds a day.
  • stillfine2013
    Options
    I weigh on my Wii every day. Just the once, first thing in the morning. I love that it keeps track for me and I can see any loss/gain quickly and go from there. I can also see how far I've come which is great. My Wii broke so I had to get a new one so there isn't much data yet but I have certainly improved since I got it!

I used to weigh on my wii until the children broke it, now im back to the digital scale. I like that more than the numerical one anyway....
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    It varies. Between once a week and once every 3 weeks. "Numbers" are not my main concern. I eat land exercise like I should and figure it will all even out like it should eventually.
  • sarahmichelle91xx
    sarahmichelle91xx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Every day