Sushi and rolls??

Options
I'm thinking about going to eat at a Japanese place with sushi and rolls. I really love rolls and I was just wondering if anyone could suggest to me which rolls tend to be lower in calories?

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I think they're all pretty low in calories, stay away from the tempura though
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    take a look through the database before you go. I think Cali rolls are pretty low or any veggie roll.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    sushi is not that good for you..or the way we eat it that is. A typical philadephia roll is about 350 calories for 8 pieces. They go up from there. There are rolls that can get into the 1000's. The rice is so tightly packed you get more then you think. plus alot of them have avacado and cream cheese and then alot of them are fried. Try and maybe get 1 roll and then get a soup to fill. I LOVE sushi. I had it for lunch earlier this week and it toppled me over like usual.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    i don't know about you, but dinner is my big meal of the day and I usually have 700-900 cal left for it. Last Saturday i ate an entire vegetarian roll dinner (that was like at least a dozen rolls)with miso soup and was under 800 cal for the whole meal.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    When I go for sushi, I usually opt for salmon sashimi and a cali roll. Rolls are USUALLY ok for you, but not fantastic. Like other people said, avoid tempura, cream cheese, and things like that. I find that the more components a roll has, the higher the calorie content.
    If you want to keep it as healthy and low cal as possible, stick with the nigiri or sashimi.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Sashimi, nigiri sushi, and plain rolls are fine (like salmon, tuna, cucumber or pickle) . Dynamite, California, Philadelphia rolls - not so good. Miso soup and/or sunomoni salad are great low cal appetizers, but watch out for the sodium.

Enjoy!:drinker: