1. the scale
    2. old photos of myself at my goal weight
    3. before and after photos and success stories of others
    4. talking to a fitness buddy
    5. seeing results after sticking to my food and exercise goals
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I figured out another motivation this morning.

I have a six year old daughter. That means I have seven years until the teenage boys start swarming (possibly less). I figure by that point I can get down to a good BF% and up my muscle bulk enough to be pretty scary. I already have the scary shaved head/beard combo, along with a lot of martial arts training. If I can look ripped with it, it should be a pretty effective trifecta for scaring anyone away from dating my daughter.

She can date when I'm dead. Plus two days to be sure.
  • CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Like ChelsG77 I have a picture of someone with, what I would call the perfect body and I have my "skinny jeans" from HS as well.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I just turned 22 and all of a sudden I feel like my metabolism went from running at about a million miles an hour so that not only could I eat anything and everything I wanted, I had to or I felt sick to running about about half past dead. I'm slowly gaining a bit of a tummy and that's enough to push me, especially when my fiance, of whom I demanded blunt honesty, does exactly that and tells me I'm getting a little chunky. I don't want to be the skeleton I was when he met me but I don't want to be huge either! Also, my wedding is in five months and I need to fit into the prettiest dress EVER! :wink: And to top it all off, the first place that teeny tiny little cookie that I used to be able to eat 20 of with no problem goes is to my already round face! Poo on you, genetics! I'm going to beat the chubby cheeks everyone in my family has and be GORGEOUS!
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I play a variation of "What's the worst that can happen?" Instead of ocusing on all the awful stuff that could happen if I work out, I tell myself "What's the BEST that could happen?" I could lose weight, I could get stronger, I could sleep better tonight, I could feel inspired to not eat crap food for the rest of the night, I could *finally* fit that dress I want, and on, and on.
    When you look at it that way, why WOULDN'T you go to your workout?