Eggs and cholesterol?

Are eggs good cholesterol? I don't eat many foods high in cholesterol, in fact the only time I am "over" is when I eat eggs. I planned my food diary for tomorrow and planned to eat 2 eggs and that alone made me over my cholesterol. Should I not eat eggs?

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    You only have to type eggs in search to find dozens of topics about this subject.
    Eggs are extremely nutritious and to my knowledge, the hype about food cholestoral being bad for body cholestoral has been debunked. The only people who might want to be careful are those who are naturally predisposed to high cholestoral, from what I have read. I eat 1-2 eggs every day as they are a filling and nutritious snack.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    The most current studies show that the cholesterol in foods has little impact on blood cholesterol.

Eggs are very good for you.
  • I have eaten eggs 3 times a week for 4 years and my cholesterol went down! When I say I eat them 3 times a week I only have about a total of 5 to 6 yolks. I usually make an omlet of 1 whole egg with 2 egg whites. Or maybe 2 eggs sunny side up over whole wheat toast.