I Hate Water....How Can I Get My Daily Intake?

Options
Hi Everyone,
I really hate drinking plain water. What are some ways I can get water in during the day that are a bit more tasty. I've already do Crystall Light and Vitamin Water Zero.

Thanks!
Kim

Replies

• tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Green tea is another great way. Or, well, drink water. Lol.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Honestly.... I can't remember the last time I drank a glass of plain water. I HATE it. Once in vast while, if it's very, very hot out, I'll have an ice water, but that's it. I drink coffee, or crystal light added to plain water and once ever few days I might have a 12 ounce bottle of diet soda. I am 60 years old, in pretty good health, and 116 pounds so I guess if it hasn't killed me yet it isn't going to.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I'm rarely as low as 8, but usually in the 10-15 range because I have something called sodastream. It carbonates water. I don't add any of the syrups to make soda, I just like the carbonation and motivates me to drink more.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Just stay hydrated. If your pee isn't dark, you're fine.
  • Katherinesfitness
    Options
    Try a sparkling water like San pellegrino. It tastes different, I personally am not the biggest fan but it might be a change you will like better :)

Also, MFP says no cals! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/san-pellegrino-sparkling-water-31893550
  • eonni
    eonni Posts: 7
    Options
    You could try eating fruits..actually a majority of fruits are mainly water!

Apples, bananas, blueberries, cantaloupes, cherries, grapes, grapefruits, peaches, pears, oranges, watermelon, strawberries, pineapples..All of them are about 90-95% water.

Go for it! They're yummy.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Simple and accurate
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    slice up some cucumbers and float in a pitcher of water, or some berries or watermelon. They end up in the bottom of the glass/pitcher, but flavor the water nicely.
  • Mom2Three_ACG
    Options
    I kind of challenge myself. Say if I have a glass of crystal light, when I go to rinse it out, I'll drink the same glass of water while I'm already at the sink. Also if I have a coffee, beer or glass of wine, I try to follow it up with a tall glass of water. Filtering it helps me and I can't drink it too cold because that makes it taste bitter to me. Hope this helps!
  • ladiablo
    ladiablo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    There was something going around on pinterest a while back about slicing an apple thinly and putting that, ice, and a cinnamon stick in with a gallon of water... it wasn't my thing (maybe gala apples weren't the best choice) but some people swear by it! And I know you can use pretty much any fruit/herb combination for different flavor combinations.
  • anniebelle26
    anniebelle26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    MIO..MIO..MIO. I have 4 different flavours, and it doesnt give you that sweetner aftertaste. Its great!!
  • krcluv1
    Options
    I started putting orange peels in my water instead of lemon. Works better for me! Good luck!
  • dbaker145
    dbaker145 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A nurse friend turned me on to coconut water. She said it was very good for your body. I too have a hard time w/ water consumption. I have added it to my grocery list for the next trip.
  • cheryl117
    Options
    Decaf tea and coffee count as water or diet caffeine free pop
  • Elafacwen
    Elafacwen Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Cristal Lite and lypton tea packets!! You can usually find a huge selection in the juice isle. Most are either zero calorie or very low calorie.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i drink water all the time. in fact, it's pretty much all i drink now.

i also hate it. it's bland.

but when you're thirsty, your body is telling you it needs more water to carry out some of its metabolic processes, so i drink more water when i'm thirsty.

it's really that simple.

:wink:
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I drink a large amount of water during/after workouts....No issue with the taste when I am thirsty from the workout. Otherwise I drink Crystal Light in place of soda or coffee with low cal artifical sweetener.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options

Wise words!!

i like to drink chicken broth! And, seltzer with lime squeezed! Refreshing :drinker: !!
  • pjmortim
    Options
    I bought a Britai and now I drink at least 32 ozs. a day. I can't get enough of it. The waters that you drink have so much sugar don't you think. It also helps me to think of a hot day on a sunny isle where there is nothing to really quench that thirst... WATER. Walk fast and hard. You'll drink that water as if it were going out of style. Hope this helps a little.
  • gemchiara
    gemchiara Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try putting fresh fruit juice in it. Not like from a box or <nything put squeeze lemon in or sme kiwi or put in some berries. If not brew fruit tea the night before and refrigerate over night to have a healthy, tasty drink