It really is amazing!

Options
So, I hit this weird plateau..... wasn't losing, wasn't gaining. Wasn't particularly bloated. I couldn't figure it out. After almost two weeks of being stuck there I decided to jack up my calories (reduce my deficit). So, I added 500 calories per day.

Its amazing how hard it is to eat SO MUCH! Now, before I started this whole gig, I could easily consume 4000 calories a day. In fact, I did it on many many occasions. /shame

But now, just adding those 500 calories to get to 2000/day was the biggest challenge. I was eating ALL DAY. Its amazing that it has come to this!
And to top it all off, I got off the plateau!

So, is it possible that tricking your body every once in a while is a good thing?

Replies

• DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yep, and it's actually recommended to do this every now and again - to eat over your calories once a week or once every 10 days so that your body doesn't become used to having less fuel in it.
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    YUP- I ate an entire bag of Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips once. I lost an additional pound that week, and let me tell you- I had the most amazing workout the next day...either it was the 142 carbs or 42 g of fat! :) Either way, Good stuff all around!!!
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Hahah!! Thats awesome!! I will have to remember to do this every once in a while!