Any Recommendation for Dance/ Zumba in home soulutions

Options
I don't have time for a Gym class, but thinking Zumba or one of the Dance exercise DVD would be fun - I do have a an XBOX with a Kinex attach not that the teen will let me play...:bigsmile:

Replies

• preciousmi
    Options
    Just dance is a lot of fun!
  • roxanneschallenge
    Options
    I have a gym membership to 24 hr fitness and when my schedule and body (i Have fibromyalgia) permit I do zumba at the gym. I recently bought the Zumba Exhilerate set and I love it!!!! Its 5 dvds and toning sticks. I do it almost everyday and it helps. The more you do it the more effective it is obviously. You can order it online, but I got mine from Bed Bath and Beyond for only $55 plus I had a 20% off coupon
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love to just turn up the radio and dance, not really caring what I look like. I also have a bunch of Zumba DVDs that I LOVE along with Hip Hop Abs DVDs. I do have Just Dance for the Kinect and my daughter and I will do that on occation as well. I am also starting to go for walks now, with my daughter on her scooter which will force me to jog a bit to keep up. I'm even debating on just jumping during commercial breaks for 1 hour because I don't have a jump rope. Just try to fine things at home to get you moving.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Yep, they are fun. I have Zumba for Wii and have tried Just Dance as well. I agree that you don't have to have that, just turn on the radio, if you can keep moving without "guidance". You can also look up a lot of things on Youtube to try, or see what DVD's your library has to borrow to see what you like best.
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I thought of doing the DVD's but for myself personally, I am better motiviated when I'm out of the house taking a class. I just feel like its me time and if I'm at home, I feel interupted.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I did Zumba classes out of the house for awhile. For me it just took up too much time. Go home to put on workout clothes.... drive to class..... 1 hour at class..... home to shower.... didn't want to stop off and do other errands in workout clothes before showering.... The place I went didn't have a locker room or showers.

At home I just wear underwear and sports bra, I can do a 20 minute workout or 30 or however amount I want, and then jump in the shower and be on my way. I'm a big fan of exercise at home.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance and it is an awesome workout!! Your teen should love to do it with you. I have a 12 YO boy and 6 YO girl and they both LOVE working out with me. Its like a competition to see who can get the highest score!!