My body saying "that was too much"?

Options
Today I ate close to my calorie goal ( I was 7 calories under), I ate a good dinner around 6pm and at that time I had about 300 calories to eat. I made a Ovaltine/Peanut butter/ banana smoothie as a after meal snack to fill all of those calories up. While I was drinking it I kinda felt like I was forcing it down. I think I was doing that because It was very close to my "cut off point" for the night and I didn't want to get those annoying hunger pains/cravings around 2am. I'm not the biggest banana lover because they're little harsh on my stomach, I usually make sure I mix with something so I don't get nauseous from the taste to much. About a little after I drank it, my stomach was really upset and I got extremely nauseous. I threw it all up ( even some of my dinner :c). I don't know if that was my body telling me " You shouldn't have drank that smoothie" or " Don't you ever give me another banana!". Should I take that off my calories for the day? Did this ever happen to anyone else?

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Why do you have a cut off point for the day? Maybe you should eat the snack later so you are not eating so much at once. If bananas make you sick I wouldn't eat them (in fact I don't, they are gross lol). If I am sick I leave the calories logged, theres no way to know what you have digested and what you haven't.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell exactly what happened from where I'm standing. One rule I live by - don't force food. I don't worry too much about being under my calorie count for one day because I'm likely to be over my calorie count for another day.

A small bedtime snack would have probably been a better solution in your case.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell exactly what happened from where I'm standing. One rule I live by - don't force food. I don't worry too much about being under my calorie count for one day because I'm likely to be over my calorie count for another day.

A small bedtime snack would have probably been a better solution in your case.

I agree with this. No use making yourself sick just to get those extra calories in. And if you're worried about being awake and hungry at 2am, have something before bed, even if its after your "cut off point".
  • KirstiQue
    KirstiQue Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body.. it knows what it needs

That is all