Putting weight on while dieting!

Options
Ok so I have been weighing myself everyday since the first of January and seem to go down a little each day but today when I weighed myself religiously sticking to the 1250 calories and light exercise ive gained 1.6lbs overnight this is so disheartening considering how hard I feel ive worked does anyone know what it might be? X

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Literally overnight? Would be water weight or something (as well as normal fluctutions), theres no way to put on that much fat in that amount of time. Are you watching your sodium? Might be worth looking at
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Is it close to that time of the month? I always gain weight around that time..

Or like the previous poster said, it could be water retention due to sodium..
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing every day...and every hour in this case.

Weigh yourself once a week, and miss the week that its your TOM because your going to retain water and your going to be disappointed. Also don't just rely on the scale. Take progress pictures and measurements at least once a month.

Scales are horrible.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Water weight for sure. I weigh myself once a week, but I worry more about what the mirror and measurements tell me.
  • mrsricta
    Options
    Stop weighing every day...and every hour in this case.

Weigh yourself once a week, and miss the week that its your TOM because your going to retain water and your going to be disappointed. Also don't just rely on the scale. Take progress pictures and measurements at least once a month.

Scales are horrible.

You took the words right out of my mouth!
  • nemosarah
    nemosarah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks my TOM isnt due for a couple of weeks but im really going to make an effort not to check the scales until saturday as their frustrating the hell out of me lol x
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with weighing everyday or twice a day like I do if you can accept their is going to be huge fluctuations. It tends to help me stay on track.
  • Lizrobin3108
    Lizrobin3108 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I gain weight when I start a new workout routine. It goes back down after a couple of days! :flowerforyou:
  • VeronicaAM
    Options
    We gain water weight hormone weight no BM weight sodium weight , I am there also but do not get discouraged , wait and keep doing the right thing , good numbers will come