Any soccer players?

Options
msafunk
msafunk Posts: 163 Member
I'm looking for more soccer-playing friends to share accomplishments with :) Please make a note saying "soccer player" if you send me a friend request!

I played soccer when I was a kid, but ended up quitting in high school because there was only a varsity team-- which accepted me as a freshman, but kept me on the bench. Three years ago, I met the guy who would become my boyfriend, and he got me back into playing. When we first started meeting up at a park to kick a ball around, I started experiencing crippling pain in both knees because I was so out of shape and wasn't used to running anymore. Now, I'm able to play full 50-minute arena games (most players get tired after 10 minutes on the field and sub out for a few), and reffing 8+ hours on weekends.

Looking for all levels of soccer players. Doesn't matter to me if you are just starting, or have been playing Club since U-8. It's a sport that I'm really passionate about, and like talking about.

(and if it matters, I'm an LA Galaxy fan in the MLS, and I follow both Everton and Manchester United in the EPL)

Replies

• misssophieleigh
    misssophieleigh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I played competitive soccer for 4 years. (i've played soccer for 10 years, but I really got into it with traveling teams when I was 12). I quit in 10th grade, which I'm really regretting at the moment (I'm almost 19 now, so it's been a few years) and I'm currently really missing it. Maybe I can find an intramural team to play with at university because I would love that.
  • Hash5m
    Hash5m Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Finally, someone who loves football (soccer) ... well, I guess we have had the same issue give or take few details ... actually I was a very active soccer player and I LOVE SOCCER sooooooooooooo much ... hope we can help each other ... coz I want to get my old body back + muscles ... feel free to add me Soccer Lover ... BTW I am a fan of the red devils too