When you want to binge...

Options
When you want to binge but are trying to restrain yourself, what do you do to help?
I.E. save me from myself.

Right now I'm loading up on water and pickles.

TO BE CLEAR: I'm not crying over a few extra calories, but I can tell that I'm mood-eating, not hunger-eating ;)

Replies

• Dawnymaries
    Options
    I normally stop myself by brushing my teeth. I won't feel like doing it again so I just look at it that way.
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I normally stop myself by brushing my teeth. I won't feel like doing it again so I just look at it that way.

i should try that lol
  • brizforthewin
    Options
    hot water with lemon in it or hot green tea .. i find that hot water makes me feel more full than normal
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Glass of water & chew gum. Trident Layers gum to be exact. :)
  • peachea
    peachea Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i go for it because it always boosts my weight loss
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    sometimes I give in, but I'm careful to keep "bad" foods out of the house. When I do go to the kitchen at 1:00am, there's nothing to pig out on except veggies, sugar free jello and Wheat Thin Flatbread crackers.
    I went ape-sh-t one night and ate everything I could find, only ended up being over 125 cals.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    hot water with lemon in it or hot green tea .. i find that hot water makes me feel more full than normal

Yes, hot green tea is a great idea! It usually cures my need to snack, especially late at night. Also, finding healthy low-cal snacks can be helpful. I love pretzel sticks because you can eat so many of them and the calorie count is really low. Plus if you eat them slowly it feels like you have a really large snack. :smile: