Here I Go Again

Options
Working the overnight shift until 8am.
And at my job - there are a lot of sweets. I mean... So much junk!
So far I am going strong, I have packed healthy snacks, and I will not turn to "bad carbs/fat foods!!!"
*Sigh* Hopefully morning comes swiftly.
Anyone else up late tonight?
And how do you fight off late night cravings?
Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!!!

-Ash

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I tend to be up late many nights, and get the cravings too. If I get a craving for something salty and substantial, I dip veggies(carrot chips especially) in a roasted garlic hummus instead of potato chips, etc. If I crave sweets, I'll drink a sweet flavored water first. If I want chocolate, I'll get a chocolate meal shake or protein drink, and if I have the extra calories in my budget, I'll have a few bites of dark chocolate.
  • kas1021
    kas1021 Posts: 92
    Options
    i have terrible insomnia and it sucks. i tend to be up late a lot. and when i get the urge to snack i tend to head for bananas. lol never fails. i eat way too many. especially with peanut butter. but the good thing about that is its not too horrible. high in sugar and cals but i buy the smart balance pb and thats kind of better. haha bananas sliced up with vanilla soy milk is super yummy. oh now i want some. but i am SO over my cals today.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I tend to stay up pretty late sometimes, and around midnight I get the munchies. I usually opt for celery sticks dipped in lemon juice (weird but I like it). Or some low fat cottage cheese and fresh fruit.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth or chew gum. Once I get that minty taste in my mouth I don't like to mix anything else with it. Weird huh? But it works for me.
  • ashmariehay
    ashmariehay Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    All of those sound great.
    Thanks All! :-D
    7 more hours to go!

*The chewing gum / brushing teeth works best for me, because everything tastes' hella bad after you do. :-P
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    DUDE - I'm up for 24 hours! Haha - welcome to the Army!

I have been working since 0530 this morning (time is now 1630 aka 4:30 p.m.) and I work until 0530 tomorrow....uhhh.....12 and a half more hours to go.....WOO!

AND IM IN KOREA :P
  • ashmariehay
    ashmariehay Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Eeek!
    LoL - Sorry but I won't trade shifts. (you win!)
    I like the fact I can fall into bed in another 6hrs or so.
    Yalls' shifts are mucho messed up. I'd fall asleep and be like "suck it" to my commanding officer.
    Thus I am not in the army :-p

*Note to self: Never join the Army
    1.) Because You love sleep
    2.) Because you'd hate being made to "drop" by your commanding officer after telling him to "suck it"
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    hahaha she said "suck it"

amazing...truely amazing!!