Insanity and soreness.

Options
For those who have done insanity,doing it or doing anything high impact.What do you do if your joints feel sore?Just want to know what I can do?

Replies

• cindynem
    Options
    I do insanity but I don't follow their 30 days calendar workout. Its too high impact for the first week or two. I also stretch before starting and stretch longer even after they finished.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    define soreness. soreness is going to be a regular part of working out. pain, however, is to be avoided at all costs. are you feeling soreness or pain?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Taking a fish oil supplement is said to help with DOMS, among other benefits.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    define soreness. soreness is going to be a regular part of working out. pain, however, is to be avoided at all costs. are you feeling soreness or pain?

Regular workout pain I can handle.The soreness I mean is different from other workouts,it's not like body pump,p90x or any other thing I've done.It's like an uncomfortable soreness in my left shin.I've never had it before.It only feels sore after power jacks and a few other moves.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip.I'll start doing that :)
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i have started taking Osteo Bi-Flex to help my joints. I am hoping it helps!! I have had knees that >POP< ever since I was like 7 years old, and my mom had to have a knee replaced at 50...so, when I do JM 30 DAY SHRED, and my knees are hurting, I know I need to get that figured out PRONTO!

Good luck! I want to try Insanity after a myriad of jillian michaels DVDS i bought for THIS YEAR... Insanity would be great to do at the end of the yearm or second half. but i was watching the infomercial, AGAIN, and my knees hurt just watching all the plyo! lol