Going out to eat...

Options
I usually don't go out to eat. I'm going to a place I've never been to before, the Belmont Brewing Company.
http://www.belmontbrewing.com/

I'm not sure what--other than a salad--would not sabotage my plans. Any ideas?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Well what are your plans? I had a quick look at your diary to see if there were any clues there.

You are exercising like crazy - what are you doing to get those 1,000+ burns?

But your food intake seems to consist of a lot of ramen noodles and diet coke. And you're only tracking calories and fat (so is the fat content the most important thing for you?)

If you don't eat out that often, I'd just have whatever appeals to you off the menu. The salads won't necessarily be the best choice, depending on what cheese or dressings they have on them.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    No offense, but this isn't really the problem. You're eating so much processed food and hardly any protein whatsoever. Your diet isn't really balanced in any way. Fresh fruits and vegetables? I know this isn't what you came here for, but you have an open diary and I saw the feedback given above and had to see for myself. Eat something with protein in it when you go out. Your body is probably screaming for it.

To answer the above poster, the 1000 calorie burns are coming from cleaning. Some of it is heavy effort, so those should probably be partially eaten back.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've been helping a friend move (packing, cleaning, whatnot). And then there are her two dogs, who need walking twice a day when I am there.

Only tracking calories and fat, just to keep the chart simple. And I do like ramen noodles (but avoid the seasoning packet because it's heavy on the sodium). I do have eggs, which are protein.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    When I eat out, it's generally a "treat" for me as it is so rare...so I eat whatever and don't worry about it. One day...one night out isn't going to derail me. That said, just keep in mind that restaurant portion sizes are huge...they're usually more like 2-3 servings. My wife and I have grown accustomed to splitting entrees at times, or I'll often only eat half of my entree and box the rest of it. Occasionally I'll have an entire entree, but I'm usually pretty full half way through given that my stomach has shrunk so much. I generally avoid appetizers unless there is something I'm really craving...I want the real food.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My first thought looking at your diary was, 'Wow! Lot's of calories for not much food.'

Looking at the menu, I'd probably go with the Poke, cup of black bean soup, and a side salad. The ahi tuna salad looks good too.
    Mayan chicken.....
  • ncruso24
    ncruso24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I go out its usually a special occasion so I get what I want. However, to not completely derail me, I eat 1/2 portions. Usually, the portion sizes at restaurants is outrageous so this isn't so horrible. I'm full and force myself to realize that and not get tempted by fatty desserts or appetizers I don't really want anyway. You said you don't go out a lot, enjoy. Don't go out and eat what you want everyday but you can't deny yourself too much or you might binge/give in to cravings. Good luck and congrats on your 10 lbs lost so far.