Absolutely aching!

Options
I worked out on Saturday and even today walking is agony. My body is aching all over. Is there any way to relieve this?

Replies

• lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Take a bath or I like to do yoga or pilates when I'm hurting. Feels awful at first but by the end you feel like a million bucks!
  • Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yeah - I think some serious yoga stretches might be the only thing for it!
  • notthatthis
    Options
    What were you doing on Saturday? Often I view post-exercise aching like a hangover and the old adage of having "a hair of the dog that bit you" - by this I mean you repeat the exercises that you did but much slower and try to turn the moves into dynamic stretching, this brings me relief.
  • narcissus1199
    narcissus1199 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love the aching feeling! Reminds me I did something good. Not to be confused with the "sharp pain" feeling which usually means I did something wrong/out of form. If you're sore from walking/running, I've found riding a bike later that day or the next helps reduce the soreness.
  • landgrimtham1977
    Options
    normally that will wear off after 24/48/72hrs. Stretching helps lots of it and if you are still in pain after a few more days maybe its time to consult a doc.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    More water, more dynamic stretching before workouts and static stretching after and More protein.
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    me too. do some stretches and take painkillers if it is really, really bad. hot water bottle on the muscles aching is a good one too, or a hot bath (or hot tub if you're lucky like me and have one ;)

it is a good pain though is it not??
  • mrdjmo
    mrdjmo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You need to work out more frequently this will solve your aching issues.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    try supplementing with magnesium and potassium , u need it especially if u training and your body lacks those minerals ... helps most ppl
  • sophieclarev
    Options
    ICE!!! Just had same wicked issues. Ice the sore muscles for 20 mins at a time and repeat until you feel better.

Sorry takes a few days but it will go away
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Cold bath - like icing all over :-) I promise it works. And you sleep REALLY well afterwards
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    work same muscles with less intensity to increase the oxygen flow int he area that will break up the acid built up that is the cause of sore muscles. massage also works. long term, work out more often, strech and hydrate well.