opinions on manual treadmills?

Options
My fiance is thinking of purchasing a manual treadmill off of amazon. Anyone have one? I read that you can't really run on it, but the incline makes walking into a pretty good cardio workout. Plus, it can be folded up and stored, which is definitely something that is needed.

Would it be a good purchase, or should I talk him into getting an elliptical instead?

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    The longer you have it, the less you will like it.

Plus-because the market for such a device is so small, they tend to be not the best quality. It's often meant to be an impulse purchase--the kind of thing that you buy in January and use as a coat rack by Valentine's Day.

I quickly looked over at Amazon at what is available, just in case I was missing some awesome new product.

No--pretty much what I expected--a bunch of junk.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Why not get a second-hand powered treadmill? It's a much better investment, and most these days fold up when not in use. If either of you eventually wants to progress to running you'll use it a lot more than an elliptical.

Otherwise if like me you live somewhere where the weather is seldom extreme enough to keep you indoors, just get outside - it's far easier to run or walk for longer when distracted by the view and the changing seasons.
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have the stamina in motion ii that I got from amazon. i've had it for almost 2 years and no complaints here. it's a space saver and it works fine. nice incline and I always get a good workout on it. I got my moneys worth.
  • shearnerve
    shearnerve Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What is the name of it???