2 weeks into the new year - struggling?

Options
Hi all,

So we are now 2 weeks into the new year and I'm sure we all started it with good intentioned - I know I did. But, is anyone else struggling yet?

Replies

• mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    i've done alright. ive had a kfc but it fitted into my macros, so i've been quite happy. just waiting patiently on the scale to start moving....
  • Stats606
    Options
    Well done you :) But Oh my am I craving a KFC now :p
  • Shelly_here
    Shelly_here Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Motivating swaying a little yesterday and this morning. Also alcohol is the nemesis of dieting! But apart from that I'm ok :)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I am kicking *kitten*.
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not struggling at all. I realized that for me, at least, when I start struggling, I've been too restrictive with myself. I've changed the way I approach this - not as a diet, but as a paradigm shift in my relationship to food. It's working, so I plan to just keep going. :-)
  • Stats606
    Options
    I've been good and not touched alcohol since NYE........yet!!! I did foray into non-alcoholic wine at the weekend. I would not recommend it :/
  • Stats606
    Options
    Nope. Not struggling at all. I realized that for me, at least, when I start struggling, I've been too restrictive with myself. I've changed the way I approach this - not as a diet, but as a paradigm shift in my relationship to food. It's working, so I plan to just keep going. :-)

Nice work :)
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling. But with SAD and the weather we've been having, I know the reason. I'm just ready for spring and to be able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine!

I'm maintaining my weight, but not losing anymore, either!
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am struggling. Starting to get back into things my boys have wrestling 3 nights a week along with other things in our schedule making it hard for us to eat a balanced supper. And even more of an excuse for me not to work out at the end of the night :(
  • Stats606
    Options
    I'm struggling. But with SAD and the weather we've been having, I know the reason. I'm just ready for spring and to be able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine!

I'm maintaining my weight, but not losing anymore, either!

Oh I wholeheartedly agree. I look out of the window and it's snowing at present - what I would do for a bit of warmth and sun
  • workoutchick
    workoutchick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm working my butt with no results. I plan on working harder.
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    Eh...I slipped yesterday. Started my workout DVD and wasn't feeling it. S I turned on Downton Abbey and marched in place, did push-ups, squats, plank, flutter kicks, while watching tv. Probably not he same burn, but only logged 10 minutes of it.

Today is a new day. Kickboxing tonight, and ill be there!
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs. since Jan. 1st. I am happy with that. I'd love to lose another 4 in the second half of the month. Fingers crossed! :smile:
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    No alcohol

And the last 7 days, no sugar or carbs. Feel great and lost 5 pounds in 5 days
  • Stats606
    Options
    Wow you are all doing so well. Definitely makes mme feel I need to knuckle down a bit :)

Big gym session after work me thinks
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I have actually been motivated beyond belief. But having quit smoking, I have exchanged a bad habit with a good one, working out. And I have lost 3 pounds since doing this so that is enough motivation. Well, that and fitting back into a shirt that I haven't been able to wear in like 6 months because I ballooned out of it, but it now fits perfectly.
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I actually got back in the swing of things one week from today and although it's only been a week, I think I'm doing pretty darn good! I'm staying focused on a goal, so that keeps me going!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Oh and btw, I still eat fast food sometimes. Got Chic Fil A's chicken tortilla soup last week and it was SO good...some cheat days are okay imo.
  • NattieJoan
    Options
    I have my odd moments of weakness, I just need to get used to it. Its a change for life not a quick fix so I expected a bit of a struggle to change my eating habbits.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    alcohol keeping my wtloss down but eating healthier- each day is a struggle though- but I have the rest of my life to get it right- just not going to give up:)