to those who love breakfast but want the lighter side:)

Options
My favorite omlette
-2 tbs of egg whites 50 calories
-5 slices of hard salami (thin slice) (fried on the pan first added later) 110 calories
-14 banana peppers 5 calories
-2tbs of egg white on top 50 calories

Fry the salami in a pan until it is crisp then set it aside
Take your egg whites and put them in the pan
Start breaking up your salami and putting it all around the omlette
put in your banana peppers
Pour the rest of the egg whites in
once the egg is fully cooked, flip your omlette in half and wala! Your omlette is ready to eat!:) picture is on my profile

Replies

• dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    2tbs of egg whites? Must be handy to have a chicken that lays its eggs that way. My little buggers seem set on pushing them out wrapped in a shell and with a yolk in the middle.

If I wasn't an atheist, I'd say "as God intended".

And... you won't eat egg yolk but you'll eat salami??? Where's the sense in that???!!!!! :-)
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I believe you can buy egg whites in cartons.

It aint natural. :tongue:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I buy egg whites in a carton (and also whole eggs).
  • phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I like porridge for breakfast - it keeps my full for hours!
  • phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    *me
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    4 tablespoons of egg whites? That must be the smallest omelette in the world. :laugh:
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I love omelettes! I always have 3 eggs (whites only) and one egg with the yolk. Inside I put avocado, spinach, tomato, salsa, non fat cottage cheese, and sometimes some cayenne pepper. :D
  • hannahlclrk
    hannahlclrk Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    im in england and struggling to find egg whites in any supermarkets, any ideaS?
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options

Eat the whole egg! The yolk is full of lovely goodness to make you strong and healthy and leave the fat-laden salami out!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

Separate them in a bowl?

Leaves you the problem of what to do with the yolks - I would say you could make custard, but its not very healthy - alternatively, leave out the salami because it probably has more fat than the yolks and put spinach or peppers or mushrooms or something in your omlette.
  • cdspark
    cdspark Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If it works and makes you feel like you are eating a higher calorie breakfast...great!
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    I'm in the UK and I can find the 2 chicks egg white cartons in Sainsburys, beside the milk.
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love omelettes! I always have 3 eggs (whites only) and one egg with the yolk. Inside I put avocado, spinach, tomato, salsa, non fat cottage cheese, and sometimes some cayenne pepper. :D

yum!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

i just have 3 eggs full stop in my omelettes! with cheese and mushrooms usually, nom nom!
  • mommytomyah
    mommytomyah Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Instead of putting people down for their input (ideas), why not be a contributor to the topic at hand?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

I haven't seen them in supermarkets but online sports supplements stores sell egg whites in bottles.

myprotein.com and bulkpowders.co.uk definitely had them last time I checked.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You can get the small Tupperware containers and put the yokes in the fridge. They will last up to 4 days that way. I save mine and use them in baking.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    It sounds very tasty!

Can I ask why the egg whites have to be added in 2 separate stages?
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Sainsburys now does egg whites, though not that cheaply. By the milk in my local one I think.
    Makro has them and it's a bit better price I think, but you'll need a Makro card of course and there's not many around.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    2tbs of egg whites? Must be handy to have a chicken that lays its eggs that way. My little buggers seem set on pushing them out wrapped in a shell and with a yolk in the middle.

If I wasn't an atheist, I'd say "as God intended".

And... you won't eat egg yolk but you'll eat salami??? Where's the sense in that???!!!!! :-)

If you knew anything about eggs, you would know there are 2 egg whites in this recipe, that actually isn't that bad, and actually a decent serving.