In search of friends!

Options
Hello all you MFP people! I have been on this journey for a few years now. I have been a member for most of that time but haven't really taken advantage of all this site has to offer until recently. I am a mother of four wonderful kids and happily married to an over-the-road truck driver. I work full time in our local grade school as a "lunch lady" lol, so I am a very busy Mama. I have realized that in order to reach my life changing goals I have set for myself, then I need to take time for me. I could really use the support of anyone else out there that have some of the same goals I have. I have about 50 lbs I would like to shed. I am training for our local 5k we have every summer. This will be my 3rd time participating in this event. Feel free to add me as a friend! I would love to be of some help to others like me!

Replies

• whoops1973
    Options
    Hi

Good luck on your journey, please add me, I've not sussed out what I'm supposed to do to add friends yet.!

I've got my first weigh in on Wednesday and dreading it as its that unknown. Apart from last night been munching what i should, just need to sort the exercise part out. :)

Lisa x
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    you can ad me if you want :)
  • vanessaruiz0319
    vanessaruiz0319 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I wish you all the best, I'm new at this, you can add me if you want
  • madam1981
    madam1981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new friends I've just started here and hav no idea about everything yet so could anyone that would like to a new friend pls add me too :smile:
  • Pepe6742
    Options
    Hi,
    I am looking to loose 25 lbs. by May of 2013. I have recently joined a gym. I plan on going 6x a week. M-Th. Chest, Back, Abs. Tues. and Fri. Shoulders, Upper Arms, & Forearms, and Wed. & Sat. Thighs, Calves, & Lower Back. I will also be on Treadmill 30 min a day Mon.-Sat. I am trying to balance my calories, nutrients etc. This is the difficult part. Any suggestions and support would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Beanie008
    Beanie008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • vickster2323
    vickster2323 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to all this and I'm sure I'll make some mistakes. Thus program is for weight loss buddies, correct?
  • vickster2323
    Options
    I just started my self about a week ago. Good Luck and let's follow each other. I think it would be fun.
  • vickster2323
    Options
    I'm brand new to this so I think I'll be needing help.. I have a problem, besides food. and that is excersising.. I have shortness of breath but will give all I have. It's hard foe me to go out of the house to a place im not familiark with. {Slightly Agorophobic}. I wouldnt know an excersise from an apple. My childhood years have faded so I can't even remember what we did in school. I have a load of other problems that cause physical discomforts but am willin g to do my all. Any suggeations??? I've been told if you buggy up with someone it helps. So if there is anyone who is geeting older, has lousy health but is determined to look they're best, please work with me. I'm a forver optimist..
  • vickster2323
    Options
    Stated same time as you and probably know as much as you. I would honored to share this experience with you. My starting goal is 25 lbs, but really have ti lose avout 50-55.
  • Prd2bema2
    Prd2bema2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm also looking for friends!! :) I tried posting a topic, but I don't think I did it correctly!! I need to drop 50 lbs by next year. I'd of course like to do it sooner!!