Fitbit?

Options
I know many have a fitbit and I want to get one. Looking at the 2 different ones the Zip and One, it looks like the only difference is that one will also track your sleep and stairs? Is this correct or is there something else I am missing? I highly doubt I would wear it to sleep so I am wondering if I would be better off just getting the Zip?

Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I am wondering that as well :) also what more would we need besides those to make them work or do they come with all a person needs.....do they both sync up to MFP?
    let me know what you find out A:) thank you!!!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    i have the one which is useful for me as it counts the hills as stairs ( I live in Yorkshire) and it can also be useful to track your sleep.
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit, and I love it. It syncs really well with MFP. I didn't feel the need for the One, because I don't need to track sleep or stairs. I did see they are coming out with a bracelet type soon as well. But that would not work for me, since I am a massage therapist. Between the MFP and the fitbit website, they seem to be pretty consistent and help keep me on track.
  • cassiegal724
    cassiegal724 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You are correct, the difference is that the one tracks sleep and stairs. I wear it to bed because I have trouble sleeping and I like to track my sleep efficiency (which honestly, is quite depressing). I really like that feature. The stairs and sleep tracking is 100% what led me pay the extra $40 for the fitbit one. I really like the counting stairs feature. As we all know, climbing stairs burns more calories than walking flat, so this little gadget motivates me to climb more stairs.

Both sync up to MFP and all you need is what comes in the box. If you have an iPhone 4s or 5, the fitbit will sync right to your phone's app then to MFP. If you live in the stoneage as I myself do with an iPhone 4 or older, you will need to sync it via the dongle provided. I have recently ordered a second dongle so that I can sync at home and at work without the risk of losing my dongle in transit.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions :)
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/lifestyle/fitbit-one-versus-fitbit-zip-is-the-one-worth-an-extra-40/

The main differences are the sleep tracking function, the backlight (useful in the dark), the bluetooth connectivity (only useful if you have iPad/iPhone) and how you can charge the battery using the USB dongle thingy.

I bought the One because I like the bluetooth function and I was interested in tracking my sleep.