Exercise DVDs

Options
Does anyone use or know of any good at home exercise dvds? I'm looking for something to help me do some resistance at home, because I already have an elliptical so I get cardio in. Suggestions? Advice? Thanks! :bigsmile:

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,733 Member
    Options
    I'm a Beachbody fan and coach, so my bias is toward their programs. Have you thought about P90X or ChaLean Extreme?
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    Slim In 6!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Check into Jari Love. I LOVE her strength DVDs! Get Extremely Ripped 1000 is awesome. It has both strength and cardio intervals in it. I've burned over 700 calories a few times doing that dvd, but they're all great!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing ChaLean Extreme right now, and it's a very strength oriented program. I like it a lot so far!
  • ddss37
    ddss37 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Anything by Cathe Friedrich - also, if you are just getting started - you can look at Leslie Sansone Walk at Home Program.

Donna
  • RobinBernier
    RobinBernier Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm having great results with the 30-day shred !
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I love ChaLEAN Extreme. It has given me great results. Send me a private message and I'd be glad to tell you more about it.:smile:
    Risa
  • Tanya21H
    Tanya21H Posts: 8
    Options
    Ever heard of P.I.N.K Fitness? It is AWESOME!!! It is Olymipc Style Training using a Bar to start...then you add some weights later. I have it and cannot wait to turn on the DVD everyday!!!! You can check it out at this link... http://www.weiderfitness.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_-1_14801_17102_48002_98353 Debbie Millet is ther creator/founder. She is a great trainer too! She also has a BLOG out there too. Good luck!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm using the 30 day shred right now and I also enjoy Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease (those are so fun and sexy)
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    For more of endurance type workouts (high rep/lower weight), Jari Love's Ripped series is great (I'm not loving her newer "Extremely Ripped" series however).

For more true straight-up strength work (fewer reps/heavier weight) I like Cathe's Muscle Max (one dvd that takes care of entire body) or her Gym STyle series which breaks it up into a 3-day split on 3 dvds.

If you're willing to spend more $$, then Chalene Extreme is also a good choice for true strength building. However, it is more of a total program w/some cardio, ab work, nutrition plan, etc....

Check out collagevideo.com. They have free shipping on orders over $25 & allow you to watch short clips of the workouts before purchase & read customer reviews.
  • wonderwoman22886
    Options
    My friend lent it to me, it's great! Have you gotten bored with it though? I'm afraid I might :noway:
  • wonderwoman22886
    Options
    thanks for the tip, I'll check out collagevideo for sure
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I like the the Biggest Loser bootcamp and the Bigget loser weight loss yoga. I just moved up to the second level in bootcamp, and it certainly becomes more challenging. 9 bucks at walmart. Can't beat it, costs more for a guest pass at the gym for one day.
  • wonderwoman22886
    Options
    I was looking at the biggest loser boot camp too. I figure it doesn't really matter all that much which ones I get as long as I do them I'll see a difference, right? lol.