Newly vegan, struggling runner needs motivation :)

Options
Hi there! My name is Kelly. I am newly vegan, having been pretty much lacto/ovo vegetarian before. I need to drop at least 30 lbs to reach a nice healthy weight and to try to motivate myself I've decided to sign up for a 5k obstacle race in Sept. I haven't run for 7 months and wasn't running more than a mile and walking 3 back then... so I've pretty much got myself a bit stressed out, lol! I'm hoping to gain a few new friends with similar interests to help keep me motivated, positive and to maybe share some pointers! ;) and, of course, I will cheer you on as well <3

Replies

• Freaky3kirsty
    Freaky3kirsty Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me.
    I am a vegetarian and training to run my first marathon in May, have struggled for the last couple of years to get the balance right but seem to be doing ok both with the running and diet.
    good luck :)
  • dietingdebbie
    dietingdebbie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Veggie and run too. I am struggling so would love to have some veggie friends to help spur me on as well.

I am doing Brighton marathon in April and need to loose some of these pounds have put on without compromising carbs. Not easy to do. xx
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan or vegetarian; I've gone raw for about 6 months and I do have days where I do eat "vegan". I do not eat a lot of meat or dairy but it's not completely restricted from my diet.

That being said, I am a runner and I am training for my first half marathon in March. My first 5k and my second for that matter was the Warrior Dash, so I might be able to provide pointers on training for that as well.
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Feel free to add me if you want more friends. I'm not a vegan but I try to eat vegan about about 95% of the time. I'm also a runner and a UK Athlectics qualified leader in running fitness.

Genie