Vegetables

Options
Hi Guys and girls

Does anybody not count veg in with their calorie counting ? I don`t mean potatoes but brocoli and carrots and the like ? as they are so low and loads of diets say to eat them freely what do you guys do ?

Replies

• queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i log them because i like seeing how much protein, calcium, vitamin c etc i am getting into my diet.

e.g. spinach is loaded with nutrients!

it's a nice boost for me to see, physically, on the screen, exactly how nutritious my meals are. makes logging kinda fun.

i think you should 100% log anything, literally anything, that goes into your mouth. x
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Count them. You'd rather log everything. First, because they have calories too, and veg still have calories in them. Also, you might want to also monitor your vitamin and mineral intake so you have to count them in.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Of course. They still contain calories, carbs, fat, whatever. It is food intake.

I even log 2 cloves of garlic lol
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    I generally count them but I am a bit lackadaisical - so today for instance, my lunch looked a bit dull, so I chucked in a handful of baby spinach leaves which I didn't weigh. But I am worried if I don't weigh them, I will make up to my calorie target with more meat/cheese etc and it will go a bit wrong...
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Like the others I count them, and some can be higher in calories than one may think, carrots & parsnips for instance
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I log them - I'm trying to watch my carbs as well as calories, and there's quite a bit in veg. But I don't always add every last lettuce leaf or slice of tomato.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Always!

I do my best to be honest about my food logging and try hard to log everything I eat, after all, vegetables DO contain calories.
    :flowerforyou:
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I definitely log them.
    Every day at lunch I have radish, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, celery and it all equals 76 calories. It might not be much, but it's something. :)
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I count them. If I didn't I might be swayed into thinking I still have calories left to eat, which might happen in the form of a peanut butter cup, so its better that I log everything.
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I count everything, I can easily eat 100+ calories of veggies some days!
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I add vegetables in so occasionally I can check and see if I am getting enough potassium, calcium, iron, etc. But as far as calories go, you don't have to count any vegetables except for peas, corn, potaotes and cooked dries peas and beans.
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Veggies is pretty much all I eat. Or is at least the main part of my meal, so I always log them.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I count them. If I didn't I might be swayed into thinking I still have calories left to eat, which might happen in the form of a peanut butter cup, so its better that I log everything.

LOL! So true, though. That's why I keep track, too.