Gotta get it off for the "Dirty 30"

Hi!
My name is Kim and I'm a wife, teacher, and mother of two beautiful girls and I started out at 300lbs (wow actually seeing that typed out is horrible!) I really don't think I've shared that with anyone other than my doctor and my sister. I started using myfittnespal and modeling the South Beach diet on the 1st of the month and have since dropped at least 16lbs (I haven't weighed since Friday, so I am hoping it's more by now)
My main reasons for losing weight is obviously my health, my babies, and the fact that I will be 30 this year. I don't want to turn 30 and be this big!! I have always been on the "healthy" side, but started gaining weight after high school when my activity really slowed down and I gained A LOT of weight during both of my pregnancies.
So far I have lost at least 16lbs and I can fit in my pants better and actually feel better doing everyday activities already! I guess I never really realized how big I was because I never really felt huge, but after seeing pictures at Christmas I knew I had to do something.
I haven't really set a "goal" of how much I would like to lose, but I need to lose around 100lbs in all honesty and just want to feel better and fit is my old clothes again! I do however know that I need to get in a good exercise routine (or at least some kinda exercise routine).
Well, gotta get off of here to go teach and mold young math minds....have a great day!

Replies

• Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Hi Kim, welcome to MFP!

I was approaching 40 when I decided to do something. I went from 370 [highest weight] to 253 [fluctuating 3-5lbs]. I was like you...I DID NOT want to turn 40 being so heavy!

I havent set an ultimate goal either. I'm hoping to get to 200lbs this year but after that...not sure. I really want to focus more on body recomposition than just a number on the scale.

Add me if you wish. My food log is always open too and Im a gym rat 6 days a week.