Zumba- 1st Timer

Options
I've never done Zumba before, but the gym I just got a membership to offers classes. What's it like going for your first time? Should I do some studying as to what the moves are or should I just go in and do it?

Replies

• mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    First and foremost - enjoy :) I tell my classes that, provided you're moving and your heart's pumping, then that's all that matters.

I wouldn't worry about looking up moves or anything like that - firstly, the moves and routines will vary from instructor to instructor. If it would make you feel a little more assured though, there's a plethora of videos available on YouTube for you to have a gander at. Different classes have different styles and levels; so it's a case of finding one that works for you.

If you need anything else, please let me know - I'm an instructor but two years ago was the shy girl at the back of the class in the baggy t-shirt, so see it from all vantage points! x
  • roxanneschallenge
    Options
    Just try your best to move as much as possible to keep heart rate up. Dont focus so much on if the move is right, or if you look foolish. The main thing is to move move move! I also recommend wearing shoes with little tread, as that will help you move better. I recently bought some Sketchers Dance shoes and they are doin gmuch better for me than my running shoes were.