Help! I crashed my diet

Options
I totally binged this weekend. I stuffed myself with junk food and did nothing active. I was doing so good, now I feel like I should just give up on the whole dieting thing all together :(

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    And that would help how?
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    How many calories did you go over? Seriously, it is only one weekend.....you aren't going to be perfect, nor should you be, the entire time. I ate 1/2 pizza for dinner last night, it was totally worth it! We all need to enjoy life, even when we are losing weight.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You don't need to give up because you didn't really do anything wrong. We all go over once in a while. We all slack on the exercise once in a while. Daily adherence 100% of the time is not feasible. Guide yourself through this, tamp down the panic, and continue on with your day. You will do fine.
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just gotta dust yourself off and continue on. Can't get down on yourself for being human.
  • jkfw
    jkfw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. I did really good Jan. 1- 6 but then I took a turn for the worse. First, I started skipping exercise (which I think was the whole problem) then I started eating junk again. I had pizza and chocolate and wasn't even satisfied. I feel awful about it but now this week I'm going to have to really work hard at making sure I exercise everyday for 15-20 minutes. We can't give up we just have to keep trying. We all fall sometimes but we can't continue to not try. We need to say "this week I am going to exercise and eat healthy"
  • hayesjh01
    hayesjh01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We all have those days. Don't get down on yourself, today startes a new week and keep pushing forward and don't look back at this past weekend. Just because you had a bad weekend doesn't mean you gained everything back plus I think you need a day or two like those sometimes to keep you going.
    Also I never weight myself on Mondays because I know I will not be happy with what I see.
    Stay focused you can do this!!!!!
    I BELIEVE IN YOU :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    well, just wondering how restrictive you were. It's really easy to over-do it after one taste of something amazing if you've been completely depriving yourself of those things. I recommend eating what you like in smaller quantities--that way you're not tempted to completely binge when you're presented with the opportunity. It's okay, everyone has slip ups. Pick yourself up and go forward making better choices!
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I totally binged this weekend. I stuffed myself with junk food and did nothing active. I was doing so good, now I feel like I should just give up on the whole dieting thing all together :(

WHY? it was one weekend! in the grand scheme of things, not a big deal unless you make it one. Get back at it, nothing worth doing is easy, and no one who quits is successful!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well... if that is how you feel, then you weren't committed to begin with.

Come back when you are ready!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Hope you have insurance
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    And that would help how?

Exactly.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Keep going!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Your diet isn't the Titanic. You can't crash it. Just pick up and keep going as if the binge didn't happen.
  • cargilb
    cargilb Posts: 116
    Options

I do something like that at least once a month. Just remember: this is a marathon, not a sprint. There is a long way to go, and many missteps will occur. What is important is that you get your bearings back and forge ahead.

About 2 months ago I ate 4000 calories in a day.
  • muffle1969
    muffle1969 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is saying the same thing because it really is true. :) You're building new habits overall, right? So the occasional exception, like this weekend, won't ruin your new habits as long as you get back to them.

I'm having to keep in mind that I should just keep on with the exercise and documenting everything no matter what the scale says. I feel better and my old clothes fit, even if I go over on calories every so often.

I look at the net average for the week in terms of nutrition rather than day by day. This helps me stay on track, even if I go over on calories one or two days, which I did. It motivates me to do better the other days, and to keep exercising.

I hope this helps. Obviously, you have a lot of support! Good luck!
  • Bambers14
    Bambers14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nope, just start again today. We all slip up now and then. One or two days of binging won't ruin weeks of hard work.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Your diet isn't the Titanic. You can't crash it. Just pick up and keep going as if the binge didn't happen.

exactly
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! I was in the same boat at the end of October and let myself go for 2 months. I'm still trying to get back where I was when I fell off the wagon. I've got about 6 more lbs to go. Imagine where i'd be if I kept it up. Don't give up!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

This is only a problem if you allow it to be so.

Just keep going.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

So? I went to Chili's yesterday and ate chocoalte.. and had a whole lot of beer this weekend. Just get back to eating healthy..

Also.. stop worrying abuot dieting. focus on changing your choices and how you eat overall. A lifestyle change will yeild mroe results then a diet and you'll stick to it. Instead of coming off a diet and gaining it back.

Over eating ocasionally does not hurt us.. it's when it's a daily occurance that we become unhealthy.

Just write it off and keep on keeping on!