polar ft7 question...

Options
I am thinking about getting the Polar FT7 HRM but I am not sure it will fit me. I have very small wrists. About 6'' around.

Are all the colors the same size or are some smaller?

Replies

• JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My wrists are even smaller and it fits fine, I have the ladies version. The face is quite chunky on me but it does the job :)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Which is the ladies version. I see 4 colors but haven't seen anything stating ladies.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    If you can stretch to the FT40 or FT60, these models allow you to input your own max heart rate as some are fitter in cardio than others and this can make a difference to your calorie readings, whereas FT4 and FT7 use an average of people in your categories of weight, age, gender and height.

I found one on eBay and sold my FT4 on eBay to help towards it.
  • RogueViper101
    Options
    Which is the ladies version. I see 4 colors but haven't seen anything stating ladies.

Pretty sure the black/red + black/silver ones are aimed at men. The rest are for women (although I don't think it really makes any difference as you program your sex into the watch).

I have the Black/Red one; FT7 is really good, I'm really pleased with mine.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    If you can stretch to the FT40 or FT60, these models allow you to input your own max heart rate as some are fitter in cardio than others and this can make a difference to your calorie readings, whereas FT4 and FT7 use an average of people in your categories of weight, age, gender and height.

I found one on eBay and sold my FT4 on eBay to help towards it.

You can enter your own max HR on the FT7. But it doesn't have the fitness test that the FT60 has.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have the ft7 for women and the wrist strap is fine but the chest strap is too big :( I have to tuck it under my sports bra and sometimes it still tries to slide down :(
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The only difference between the men's and women's version of the FT7 is the size of the wrist band and the color. You should be able to find one that say's it's the women's version.