This really upsets me

Options
tlc12078
tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
Well I like to read some of the stories up on Huffington Post. One was about this guy who gained all this weight, then he took it upon himself to get the weight off. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/07/i-lost-weight-shawn-tyler-weeks_n_2426021.html?ncid=webmail6 Well some peoples comments are so over the edge, you think where is our society getting their educations at? DAMN know it alls, damn people in general. One guy made a comment on my post sayin" HE should of never got that fat in the first place" Really? Who are you to determine what he is and not suppose to do throughout his life. As a society, we really shouldnt be so anal towards others when its not our story, its theirs. We have our own story to live by. Anyone getting me? Its so easy to judge others, I think sometimes we do it so we can hide whats behind ourselves and to hide from others that we arent happy. Kind of a camouflage, so we become judgmental to point out others flaws so no one can recognizes ours. This guy admitted to his eating habit, took full responsibility for the weight he put on, still people were saying, "yea people like to put the blame on others or other things for their weight", but he never did. People were only getting half the story. As soon as we read a paragraph we are all quick to judge. No wonder why we are screwed up, we have an attention disorder and attention spans like monkeys, well monkeys probably listen better. lol. Then you have the know it alls, well he shouldnt drink all that pop, cut this out, cut that out, you know the ones that you wanna smack when you either lost all the weight or lost some they have to tell you like you never knew, but they clearly see that your losing the weight, but like their opinion matters, my god people are so darn aggravating. I just wanna smack a person lol And to the people who will probably say, its not your problem, IT IS MY PROBLEM. I struggle with weight loss, since I am here, I know I am not the only one. Where do people get that they know me or my life story on how I got here or that I should of never got here in the first place. Who do you think you are by saying that? I had no control over the situation at the time, I could of controlled it, but maybe I didnt want to, maybe I wanted to grieve over something or someone, maybe I felt alone. anyone get me? Everyone has a reason on how they got here.

Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    They should be praising him for taking control back of his life and getting back to a healthier weight; rather then looking down on him for his past. They to will get what is coming to them.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    They should be praising him for taking control back of his life and getting back to a healthier weight; rather then looking down on him for his past. They to will get what is coming to them.

If you read the comments, 90% of them are. Not everyone in this world is a nice person, this shouldn't surprise or *really upset* anyone.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    welcome to the internet
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    you_still_mad.jpg
  • SydneyBristowe
    Options
    I'd be tempted to reply to the guy that said " HE should of never got that fat in the first place" with something along the lines of "and you should *have* paid attention at school"
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean.
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I feel you people are something!!!!
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    if you really can't handle what other people say about other people. Don't go on the internet, it's that simple
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    you_still_mad.jpg

This cat is too cute.
  • speedgoose
    Options
    if you really can't handle what other people say about other people. Don't go on the internet, it's that simple

This^^

Unfortunately, people suck. And many people feel much more empowered behind a keyboard.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    ... Well some peoples comments are so over the edge, you think where is our society getting their educations at? DAMN know it alls, damn people in general. ...

A good question. A good question indeed......
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've learned never to read comments when an article is about weight loss or health in general. With articles about individual people [losing weight, changing their lives, changing the lives of others], if at all possible, I'd rather find the person and give them praise directly.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    So you've never judged anyone? Like ever?
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have judged, but....I was also taught "got nothing nice to say dont' say it at all" If people ASK for an opinion, I try to step outside myself and see where they're coming from rather than to criticize. Then I tell them not because I wan tot hurt them, but to help them like I said we all have our own story. I said I never was a saint. Plus those kind of stories are inspirational, I'm not gonna hide from these stories.