Ramp it Up ???

jbuffan218
jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been doing Slim in Six and just yesterday moved to the second level "Ramp it Up"
Yesterday I logged it as areobics under cardio since that is what I was doing with level 1
MFP showed I was burning 209 cals in 24 minutes.
Today I used my new HRM and for Ramp it up 47 minutes if showed only 128 CALORIES!
My heart rate was over the max of 145 for most of the leg - squats - lunges.
Is this why the calorie burn was so low?
Do I log this as strength training? and if so how do I log it.?
Did I really just about kill myself for only 128 calories???

Replies

• I HATE THAT!!!!! I havent used a heart moniter but everyone I have talked to that has says they calculate right! My guess would be that you burned MORE then just 128!! I did the Slim in Six months ago (i fell off the wagon though) and I felt a difference in my clothes in just 2 weeks! Not sure how much you weigh but yes, 128 seems low!
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Did you get your monitor to check your pulse before you started? Or once you were getting into your workout. I had the same problem when I first got mine, because the monitors only measure your caloric burn based on the last measured heart rate. After I read that in my instructions, I started getting more results that were in common with what MFP was saying.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    I'm sure you burned more than 128 calories.

Few things you have to setup with your HRM, and maybe you missed something.
    The usual. Sex, age, weight, height.
    But also should be a setting for resting heart rate.

Does this HRM have a chest strap? What kind is it?
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Thanks to those of you that replied to my question.
    I went online and read the detailed manual, found some settings I did not see the first time.
    I have a Polar F4 and it does have a chest strap.
    Had all my settings in there just fine height, weight, age, sex etc.
    But i did something wrong yesterday because I just finished my workout for this morning and today was much better:
    I did 48.34 minutes burned 428 calories and was in my target heart rate zone for 30:03 minutes !!!!
    I actually wanted to do my grueling workout ( only 3rd day so yes, it is still kicking my butt) today just so I could play with my new HRM and see results.
    Thanks again for helping out.... I appreciate the input :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.