Hello!

Pom_love_2
Pom_love_2 Posts: 96
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I've been a member for just over 2 weeks and wow, it's harder than I thought! :tongue: As my "name" says, I'm trying to reach a lost of 120lbs with positive thinking. (If I think it's gone, it will be eventually) I think it's really great to have the message boards, and I wanted to mention something about what I've found in the "Search for foods" section for logging daily intake. Some of the amounts are waaaay out of reality! I was looking for skim milk listed, 1/4 cup and I chose 4 servings because I had 1 cup for a snack......whoa! it multiplied the 90 calories(the amount in 1 cup) by 4, and I got 360 calories in my log! Please, when creating new foods, watch what you enter :heart: . If your cutting down on the serving size, divide the values as well, so when the system mulitplies the servings it records an accurate amount. I am cutting down my portions to 1/2 the serving size listed in the nutritional portion of the food cartons because I don't always have a full portion. Especially with vegies...I like to have more than one type at a meal so I don't eat a whole portion of one kind. I portion is usually 1 cup (for the frozen prepared type like creamed spinach and seasoned green beans)..who eats 2 cups of veggies at one meal? I don't. I know I have a loooong way to go, and many obstacles to overcome (such as physical restrictions, not being able to stand for more than 15 minutes because of back problems) but with this Website I have a way of tracking what I do now. And I have all of you wonderful people out there for support and information! :happy:

Replies

• I've been a member for just over 2 weeks and wow, it's harder than I thought! :tongue: As my "name" says, I'm trying to reach a lost of 120lbs with positive thinking. (If I think it's gone, it will be eventually) I think it's really great to have the message boards, and I wanted to mention something about what I've found in the "Search for foods" section for logging daily intake. Some of the amounts are waaaay out of reality! I was looking for skim milk listed, 1/4 cup and I chose 4 servings because I had 1 cup for a snack......whoa! it multiplied the 90 calories(the amount in 1 cup) by 4, and I got 360 calories in my log! Please, when creating new foods, watch what you enter :heart: . If your cutting down on the serving size, divide the values as well, so when the system mulitplies the servings it records an accurate amount. I am cutting down my portions to 1/2 the serving size listed in the nutritional portion of the food cartons because I don't always have a full portion. Especially with vegies...I like to have more than one type at a meal so I don't eat a whole portion of one kind. I portion is usually 1 cup (for the frozen prepared type like creamed spinach and seasoned green beans)..who eats 2 cups of veggies at one meal? I don't. I know I have a loooong way to go, and many obstacles to overcome (such as physical restrictions, not being able to stand for more than 15 minutes because of back problems) but with this Website I have a way of tracking what I do now. And I have all of you wonderful people out there for support and information! :happy:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Hello and welcome.:flowerforyou:
  • Hi Soup Nazi, great pic. Is it a composite or did you really get a snapshot of three flying birds that form the smiiey eyes and mouth?
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Thanks! It is an actual picture that was sent to me by a friend. Talk about award winning photography!
  • Timing is everything, isn't it? Award winning photos take a lot of patience and perserverance....Ansel Adams showed us that...and Clyde Butcher (the new Ansel), two of my favorites.
This discussion has been closed.