"It Works!" ???

Options

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    My bestie is a rep for It Works and it actually does. It takes the toxins out from the area and helps firm up. You can lose up to 3inches. You have to wrap and drink lots of water to flush it out. Ive seen the results. I've done it and my husband and my bestie and her clients. Its not a weight loss but too firm up the loose areas.

Are these magic toxins the same ones that will be released if I do a 30 day detox? Or a juice fast?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    It's not toxins, you silly people. It's evil spirits. They live in the spaces between your skin and fat cells and create water to keep the space there. When you squeeze them with plastic wrap, the evil spirits are forced out. That's why you need to drink more water afterwards, because the evil spirits aren't there to make the water for you anymore.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    "It Works" is the name of the brand not the 'wrap' product itself. If you are speaking of the wrap, I do not sell it 'It Works' products but have a friend who does and I use some of them. Her mother lost crazy inches with the wrap, I saw personally the before and after results.

"It Works" also sells, protein shakes, vitamins and all sorts of stuff as well as skin care. I take a supplement that blocks 30% of the carbs that you eat (if you have a heavy meal) also great I've found for being bloated after drinking a bit too much beer on New Years Eve :drinker:

I also take a supplement from from this company that gives you a full-day vegetable in a "crystal lite" type packet.

Good stuff.
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Im an esthetician and the reason why these wraps work is because they take all the water out of your body. Yes they do help flush toxins because after you are done you need to drink TONS of water or you will get sick. Basically you dont want to do them more then once a week or you will do more harm to your body. As for cellulite if you take used coffee grounds and smear them on your legs, wrap them up in plastic wrap for half hour a day it will reduce the appearance of cellulite due to the caffeine.

Do these toxins have a name?

And how do you know these alleged toxins are coming out? Is there a way to measure them? What does the EPA have to say about proper disposal of said toxins?

The body already has a marvelous toxin disposal system.....it's called your liver and kidneys.

The only thing that will get lighter from this kind of Hoo-Ha is the victim's wallet.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    what the ?
  • kathleenmary73
    kathleenmary73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can tell you a bit about it because I managed a home health office and some of my nurses were all into it. It is supposed to be all natural ingredient that cause your skin to detox--sweat, and actually decrease an inch or two. They are fine for a temporary fix, but nothing permanent. Nothing takes the place of diet and exercise when you are needing to see change. You need to be careful though, one of the girls was allergic to something in the product and she had a reaction that sent her to the hospital.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Im an esthetician and the reason why these wraps work is because they take all the water out of your body. Yes they do help flush toxins because after you are done you need to drink TONS of water or you will get sick. Basically you dont want to do them more then once a week or you will do more harm to your body. As for cellulite if you take used coffee grounds and smear them on your legs, wrap them up in plastic wrap for half hour a day it will reduce the appearance of cellulite due to the caffeine.

dihydrogen monoxide
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

The only thing that will get lighter from this kind of Hoo-Ha is the victim's wallet.

I am going to start a diet plan called If it Fits Your Hoo-Ha.
  • Jory2pointOh
    Options
    I bought some..even became a distributor. I did it on 4 people and it never worked. I have some of the wraps leftover and an unopened bottle of their weight loss pills I'd sell ya real cheap plus shipping lol
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Give this a try...and its quite fashionable as well...

sauna_zps56af4c16.jpg
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Since most of these wraps use some type of plastic wrap to make you sweat, and sweat is a way that the body rids itself of toxins, extra salt, extra vitamins, and minerals, I would say any toxin that normal sweating gets rid of.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

it's not so much a diet, as it is sidesteel coming to your house and having sex with you.
  • Punisher1130
    Punisher1130 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    what the ?

This!
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    hysterical
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

it's not so much a diet, as it is sidesteel coming to your house and having sex with you.

*pen in hand*

Where do I sign??
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Id say it works temporary..I was a rep actually and it worked at first but overall it dont work for me..I lost motivation for what really counted a bit and that didnt help.. i spent to much on those products wish I wouldve slowed down and realized what I was initially doing was enough its going to take time and not happen overnight..Id save the money and stick to the exercise and stuff..I still have some of there products and wraps and yes ill use them but not until im at my goal to maybe help tone a tiny bit but it doesnt do any justice to what just exercise and eating right does (which i still did when i was using the it works stuff) just lost more motivation..i guess everyone is different but thats my experience as well as someone else that i know, she went to Body by Vi im not to familiar with them though, im done spending money and just doing it the old fashioned healthy way that ive seen work.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I don't always do body wraps but when I do, I use hefty bags and duct tape! :drinker:
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options

*pen in hand*

Where do I sign??

In the name of research, we are interested in finding out if it fits our Hoo-Has. :wink:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Id say it works temporary..I was a rep actually and it worked at first but overall it dont work for me..I lost motivation for what really counted a bit and that didnt help.. i spent to much on those products wish I wouldve slowed down and realized what I was initially doing was enough its going to take time and not happen overnight..Id save the money and stick to the exercise and stuff..I still have some of there products and wraps and yes ill use them but not until im at my goal to maybe help tone a tiny bit but it doesnt do any justice to what just exercise and eating right does (which i still did when i was using the it works stuff) just lost more motivation..i guess everyone is different but thats my experience as well as someone else that i know, she went to Body by Vi im not to familiar with them though, im done spending money and just doing it the old fashioned healthy way that ive seen work.

Works in what sense? You weigh less after doing it? Of course, because you are dehydrated so you would weigh less. Other than that, it does nothing to cause fat loss. Except in the wallet.