I lost weight and gained it right back!

I lost 5 lbs since I started, about 1lb. per week which is health. I weighed myself last Wednesday, and today, Monday, I weighed myself and gained it all back! How? I didn't over eat, I followed my program. This is just so frustrating. I could see maybe a pound or two but all of it for no apparent reason? I am about to give up and just be obese. I exercised and everything. I don't know what else to do. :mad:

Replies

• shyannene
    shyannene Posts: 13 Member
    It's possible that that is not real weight coming back but could be water weight for bloating and any number of things
  • Maybe you had eaten a lot of high sodium foods? I have to restrict my sodium (heart reasons) and I can always tell if I'd had something that was high in sodium. Most of the times that comes from packaged foods.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Honestly, the scales is a hateful thing and lies. I "gained" 3 pounds a week or two ago when I was so sick I couldn't keep anything down and was running to the bathroom at least once per hour around the clock. I have no idea how that is even possible. How could I have been full of fluid even?

But that 3 pounds came back off. You should really be looking at changing your habits not only to make the scales needle move down but to improve your health and fitness. That's the real pay-off. (I truly do understand wanting to see your weight go down, but it takes a lot of patience. You can't give up after one bad weigh-in.)